xp-erience.org or ntfs.org

J

jasonb

wat's up wit dis...first xp-ereince.org redirects me to ntfs.org now ntfs.org is down for quite some time and now xp-erience.org is back up again.i dont get!!

tell me about it, i waited a week w/o NTFS, thinking theyd be back up. so i thought id try xp-erience again, and they are back up!

It wasn't anything we could control at the time. EP, waddy, MdSalih and a few others tried to get NTFS running the way it was intended. That didn't happen and we were lucky enough to be able to come back here.

Should have messaged me messenger, you are on my list so I am guessing I am on yours... everyone else nagged me :p

It wasn't anything we could control at the time. EP, waddy, MdSalih and a few others tried to get NTFS running the way it was intended. That didn't happen and we were lucky enough to be able to come back here.

What does the domain name have to do with the server the forum is on?

XP-erience.org points to 1 server in the UK
NTFS.org points to 1 server in the USA.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
XP-erience.org points to 1 server in the UK
NTFS.org points to 1 server in the USA.

I don't know how these things work so I'm not just being a pain when I ask this, I really want to learn something:

If the domain name is registered to you, isn't it possible to switch which domain name points to which server? If so, you haven't really explained why you popped back up as Xp-erience.org instead of NTFS.org (I MUCH prefer Xp-erience for a name!!!)

I guess what gets me is that it's just SO frustrating when you keep switching domain names with no notice, or when you otherwise disappear for days at a time leaving no clue behind. I really had given up on the forums ever returning, which would have been a terrible loss. I only learned you were back after doing a Google search for the old XP-erience name to see if I could find out what had happened to the site that I found out you were back, three days (I think) after you were...

Jewelllllllz sez you will notify members by email next time you do something drastic again?? That would be nice.

Glad yer back!!

No no no, what I said was EP mentioned he was going to email all memebers to notify them we're back to XP-erience.org. Whether that has happened or will in the furutre (should something like this happen again), I don't know.

Ooops, sorry, I misunderstood!

OK then, this is an official request to EP that you email us every time you reappear!

I am gonna get around to emailing the users but I need to work it out

emailing 19000 people a 7k email is gonna take a long long time on dialup

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I am gonna get around to emailing the users but I need to work it out

emailing 19000 people a 7k email is gonna take a long long time on dialup
from the beginning you had to make newsletters(like Y!groups)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back