• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xp-erience.org or ntfs.org

J

jasonb

wat's up wit dis...first xp-ereince.org redirects me to ntfs.org now ntfs.org is down for quite some time and now xp-erience.org is back up again.i dont get!!

J

jkoXP

tell me about it, i waited a week w/o NTFS, thinking theyd be back up. so i thought id try xp-erience again, and they are back up!

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
It wasn't anything we could control at the time. EP, waddy, MdSalih and a few others tried to get NTFS running the way it was intended. That didn't happen and we were lucky enough to be able to come back here.

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
It wasn't anything we could control at the time. EP, waddy, MdSalih and a few others tried to get NTFS running the way it was intended. That didn't happen and we were lucky enough to be able to come back here.

What does the domain name have to do with the server the forum is on?

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
Originally posted by Electronic Punk
XP-erience.org points to 1 server in the UK
NTFS.org points to 1 server in the USA.
I don't know how these things work so I'm not just being a pain when I ask this, I really want to learn something:

If the domain name is registered to you, isn't it possible to switch which domain name points to which server? If so, you haven't really explained why you popped back up as Xp-erience.org instead of NTFS.org (I MUCH prefer Xp-erience for a name!!!)

I guess what gets me is that it's just SO frustrating when you keep switching domain names with no notice, or when you otherwise disappear for days at a time leaving no clue behind. I really had given up on the forums ever returning, which would have been a terrible loss. I only learned you were back after doing a Google search for the old XP-erience name to see if I could find out what had happened to the site that I found out you were back, three days (I think) after you were...

Jewelllllllz sez you will notify members by email next time you do something drastic again?? That would be nice.

Glad yer back!!

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
No no no, what I said was EP mentioned he was going to email all memebers to notify them we're back to XP-erience.org. Whether that has happened or will in the furutre (should something like this happen again), I don't know.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I am gonna get around to emailing the users but I need to work it out

emailing 19000 people a 7k email is gonna take a long long time on dialup

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I am gonna get around to emailing the users but I need to work it out

emailing 19000 people a 7k email is gonna take a long long time on dialup
from the beginning you had to make newsletters(like Y!groups)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge