XP-erience Needs you !!!

I was the Milk Man. Lock up yer wives here I come. :D

Holy thread resus time.... reminds me of when I would never post and was just busy working - trying to make XP be my tool - now it is me trying to make it be mah biatch I guess..... I really gotta stop tweakin it!

Mainframeguy said:
Holy thread resus time.... reminds me of when I would never post and was just busy working - trying to make XP be my tool - now it is me trying to make it be mah biatch I guess..... I really gotta stop tweakin it!

I've got a feeling you won't stop until sometime in the summer of 2006! :p

I used to be extremely interested in tweaking every little bit of the OS back then. In fact, it was the reason I found XP-erience. Now I don't bother that much anymore, and I think it might be for the better. Clean XP installation, no tweaks and registry hacks applied (other than some small things like uxtheme patching etc.) and everything's smooth-sailing.

It's like the OS X Aqua emulation phase I went through at one point. Went nuts with it...modded XP to look like it, modded Linux to look like it, had a great time, and then it all gradually came to a standstill. :)

By the way, great resurrection, muzi! :D

muzikool said:
I've got a feeling you won't stop until sometime in the summer of 2006! :p
hehe - would that be when Longhorn release candidate comes out? ;)

Actually - I am backing off like Ryder says, I even used to have LiteStep and stuff like that, which is another extreme end of the spectrum and really can screw things if you go wrong and do not know what you are doing ;)

Actually, I think it might work the other way around. I think a lot of us will actually go back to tweaking in late 2006. It's always fun to hack away at an OS when it's brand new. From what I remember, tweaking reached its peak a few months after XP went RTM. :)

Henyman said:
heh great thread resurection :D

Since I never claimed a title, I now officially appoint myself as Chief Nostalgia Officer. :p

NetRyder said:
Actually, I think it might work the other way around. I think a lot of us will actually go back to tweaking in late 2006. It's always fun to hack away at an OS when it's brand new. From what I remember, tweaking reached its peak a few months after XP went RTM. :)

Good point, that will probably be the case. It will be exciting to see how quickly the shell is hacked.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back