XP-erience Clip

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
KlipFolio 1.1 has been released, I had a quick look and it seems to be a very cool little application. It runs on your desktop and gives you the latest headlines on your favourite sites! I have created an XP-erience clip for everyone to use. Here is the changelog:

New Features for Users
  • First generation support for Windows XP themes.
  • Choice of installed Web browsers with which to open headline links.
  • Custom browser commands (through "preferences.xml" manipulation).
New Features for Klip Providers
  • A Klip's default icon can be changed through use of tag in .food.
  • More control over items using .food. An item's <title> or can be updated without forcing a new item to appear to the Klip user. For example, a headline can now specify a number of comments associated with it, and each time the comment count increases, the item is replaced in the Klip.
  • Support for Western European and South American language Klips.
  • Klips can specify an HTTP referer string for KlipFood requests.
Bug Fixes & Other Improvements
  • KlipFolio will now stay minimized to the system tray :)
  • Klips will not cover the Preferences or Klip Setup dialogs unexpectedly.
  • Multiple instances of the same Klip can coexist and operate as expected in KlipFolio.
  • Significantly improved support for Windows XP.
  • Periodic preference saving to reduce chances of lost settings if system fails, is shut down or rebooted.
  • Fixed a bug preventing proper launch of KlipFolio when in "Startup Items" folder.
  • Improved stability of installer and upgrader.
  • Fixed bug that kept KlipFolio on top of a Web browser after clicking a headline link.
  • Added visual feedback when KlipFolio is minimized to tray or maximized.
  • Fixed bug that occasionally prevented Klips from loading when added to KlipFolio from KlipFarm.
  • KlipFolio and KlipFarm now work properly with Mozilla, Netscape and Opera browsers.
  • Completely rewritten parsing engine for improved reliability and performance.
  • General performance and stability improvements (especially loading and refreshing Klips)

You can download it here or visit the homepage here

Here is a preview of KlipFolio in action:

preview.gif

And finally, you can download the first version of the XP-erience clip here

Enjoy and let me know your opinions!
Note: The more people that download it, the higher on the list we will get and make the site even larger than it is! So you will be helping us out :D

Having said that, if you have the application installed and have run it once, they should be auto-installed when it downloads it!

Cool, worked that time. The first time I clicked the link, I got a bunch of text. It is working now. This is really cool EP. :cool:

After using this for a little while. All I have to say is cooooooool!
thumb.gif

Thanks for the tip, EP. Good to have a klip for XP-erience finally.

I've used this before, nice to have XP-erience on it now :)

*joins in*

Having said that, waddy might give me a spankin for causing the server even more strain..

Mwahahahah.

Of course.

I imagine it wouldn't be a men-only spanking session -that would be scary.

ps stop hijacking :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back