xp default folders help...like desktop..ect.

D

DAZZ

how do i change these?

i want to change to my other partition, because this partition messes up every 5 days, and i always need to restart and reinstall xp..lol

some are my documents, desktop, ect,

hmm, I know there is a MS article that is long and involved on using disk management to do it...but I think it just links them to another partition and doesn't actually move them. I always learned that desktop, settings, stuff like that was on the root drive with XP installed

And I think if you use the disk management method to move the stuff to the other partition you'd end up having to re-do it each time as the settings would be negated when you re-installed XP..you might just wanna back up stuff often hehe

Originally posted by DAZZ
how do i change these?

i want to change to my other partition, because this partition messes up every 5 days, and i always need to restart and reinstall xp..lol

some are my documents, desktop, ect,
What do you mean 'messes up'? If you're getting serious enough disk errors to have to reinstall every 5 days, you got a problemo... what kind of hard drive and how is it set up?

lol, im stupid and always installed freeware apps, and they get my ocmputer screwed...

AND, want i want to do, is that like the "My Documents" is in x:\documents and settings\-usernamehere-\My Documents

im wondering how to change the default My Documents oflder, as well as the desktop one, ect.

For the 'my documents' folder: open Windows Explorer, right click on the my documents folder, select properties, 'target' tab... you can select where you want to store that folder from there.

To save a custom theme, set it up the way you want, right click on the desktop> properties> 'themes' tab, click the 'save as' function and save the your_theme.theme file in your 'my documents' folder. If you have a custom wallpaper and a hacked theme in place, you'll have put those things in place before this theme file will work for you.

Email storage folder. Open OE> Tools> Options> 'maintenance' tab. You can select a storage location from there.

I manually go into the 'Documents and Settings' folder, and to my user name and save my 'favorites' folder before i do a new installation.

TweakUI with ms powertools alows you to change them, under my computer special folders

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back