XP Currently freezing often

D

demon4870

I have currently been xperiencing some problems with my system freezing to a flat out freeze. I believe it has something to do with the new updates they just realeased but I can not be certain. I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or knows anything about it. Let me know Thanx.

AMD Athlon 1.2
Windows XP Pro

:confused:

Try checking the Event Viewer to see if it will give you an idea of what programs or processes might be causing it to freeze up.

Good Call, now what does it mean?

Its an error relating to ACPI???? anyclues?

this is the exent of the details of the error

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

There are four errors similar to these! any help would be great!

Not Really

The majority of the time it has been Crashing is when i have been in Explorer (windows and internet) and Word. Not real sure why, my guess is that Its upgraded from a windows platform and not NT. Because I only had the update, my cd wasnt bootable! But I dunno Any suggestions??

I found in vasrious forums some people found the upgrade to XP has had problems....

Mine was a frash install, and it just seemed to freeze for no apparent reason...like you when rec email or browsing net... I played with some memory timings in the BIOS and it has not crashed since.... turned them from Turbo to Normal and that was it... but its still early days

Ideally for you I would suggest get hold of a full version of XP...

btw mine has errors about ACPI in ebvent viewer... dunno what it means?

hey demon,

i have the same error msg in my event viewer saying the same buzz, but i've never worried about it as my system seems to be running sweet, just done a clean install of xp pro 4 days ago - due to new system, but even on my older system with xp -pro, same buzz, but once again never worried about it as it seems not to effect anything - hmmmmm maybe anther xp crazy buzz going on?

G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back