XP ... CPU full load after empty recycle bin ??

C

casper1

this problom really annoying and give me lots of problem.
most of the time when i empty recycle bin on desktop, the cpu usage shown in task manager give me arround 97%. and it last forever. i have to end task the explorer.exe to get things back normal.

wonder :confused: :confused: why this happen..... help........:(

ok so your cpu is using 100% is it causing other problems other then annoying you it's at 100%? and when you open task manager what program does it say is using all the cpu explorer or other stuff?

ok, but if you start doing other work is it slowed down by this? or does it appear to be working normally? I've had instances now and then where explorer is using 100% of the cpu but as soon as I start doing other stuff it goes back to normal

no... i can't do anything except end task the explorer.exe and then run again.

a reinstall looks like it's coming :(

i got that problem too, could not fix it, but a reinstall fixed it...:eek:

yes.... nothing can be opened until i close explorer

existenz: u reinstall mean just ran setup without formating or a fresh install after format?

is this coz by my dual boot system, win98 and winXP ?

The System file checker will repair any corrupted files
you might want to try this before you reinstall

sfc /scannow

So what was the end result casper? I have the same problems u did/do....Explorer goes to 100% and the only thing to do is close it and rerun it...Did u a clean install or install over?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back