XP & CPU 100% Usage eg. IE takes time or hang when starting

Do give some reply

If you people got anymore tips or comments pls post. thanks.
whats the use of having a high-end performance computer if this problem is not resolve... right

do you have MSN messenger running as well on startup?

I dled all the latest MSN stuff and what happened is it started using up my resources..

easiest way for you to solve this problem is if you did NOT have trouble before... just do a quick restore back to a time when the trouble was not there.. if you have trouble with the new IE 6 bundled with XP... just dl and use the older IE and dl all the patches for it..

if all else fails... dl net... net... net.... I can't bring myself to say it... that other browser from AOL... :(

the quickrestore SHOULD solve your troubles...

g.luck

Press (CTRL-ALT-DEL) at the same time ! Then click on the Processes Tab and look in the CPU row for what is using it all up.

Dont kill the " System Idle Process " Its normal for it to have a high number !

Kill that program and remove it from add/remove programs or just take it out of the startup.

Type : MSCONFIG in the Run box. You can remove it from start up there. After you re-boot , Xp will tell you that you made some changes. Check the box to not show this again !!!!

Hope this helps !!!!!!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back