dunno... what you typed there works for me... make sure you're typing it in right... best bet is to do a copy/paste so you're not making a typing mistake.
Another effective way to change the key is to start a new installation by running the winnt32.exe file in the i386 folder of your xp installation cd and doing an upgrade installation... that will save all your current settings and what-not.
If you need alittle extra guide, i got this from another site which i found to help you install the Service Pack 1 on the Corp XP. I havent tried it yet since i am going to wait until the final release of the Service Pack comes out
Workaround to install SP1 on corp XP!!
IF you installed WinXP corp edition
and by accident used the Volume License Key: FCK....
and some stranger emailed you XP sp1 Beta
and you want to install the XP sp1 beta
and you have your own correct VLK
Follow these instructions:
0. Run a system resore to create a new checkpoint in case you need it.
1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents, on the right double click on "oobetimer"
and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.
2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command: %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option
which is activate by phone.
3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key (your Corporate one only).
3a. If it brings you back to the prior screen after entering the new key click remind me later and then reboot.
4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your activation , you should see "windows is already
4.1 Now install SP1
5. If you have done this wrong or without a valid key you will not be able to boot. hit F8 and select last known good configuration
oh and dont blame me if that doesnt work.. like ive said i havent tried it so i cant rate that guide. But i thought it could come in useful.. And im really sorry if it doesnt work Let me know if it does
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS