XP-Copy without updating file date/timestamp

ckbeme

OSNN Newbie
Hi group,

I've just registered and have a burning question for you gurus.
I'm running Windows XP SP1. Is there a way to copy files from one directory to another without the target files getting the creation date or mod date changed?

I believe I've read about it before but I can't find any info on it. I wore out my keyboard on Windows help and msoft website.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ck

ckbeme

OSNN Newbie
Hi Fitz,

Thanks a lot for answering my question - and fast. I appreciate the links too.

I was really glad I found this forum; looks like a lot of activity and some excellent topics. You just confirmed that I made a good choice joining this forum. :up:

I have about 10 issues going on w/ my PC right now and will be posting again soon - like after finals for this semester are done!

Ck

Hi Fitz,

Thanks a lot for answering my question - and fast. I appreciate the links too.

I was really glad I found this forum; looks like a lot of activity and some excellent topics. You just confirmed that I made a good choice joining this forum. :up:

I have about 10 issues going on w/ my PC right now and will be posting again soon - like after finals for this semester are done!

Ck
Hehe fooling teachers with timestamps hehe.

ckbeme

OSNN Newbie
Hehe fooling teachers with timestamps hehe.
Oooooohhhh no..... Don't need to worry about that this semester. I have very old fashioned teachers that want a Hard Copy of all of our work. Can u believe it?

These are actually some files that I want to move to a new folder(they are .inf and various driver and config files.) If I don't have a 'real' date for them I'm totally S.O.L. when I try to figure out which is what!!

BTW, sounds like the voice of experience talking.......!hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers