XP continues Errors

S

suebeloo

ok,

Installed XP yesterday and since then computer has been restarting itself.. . .following errors

I've now switched off the restart switch in the my computer advanced tab. . .but what about the errors?? here's the error in question can anyone put a bit of light on the subject please.

Type Source Category Event
Error System Error (102) 1003

What do you think. . . .please help

Event error 102 & 1003

Event ID: 102
Source Application Management
Type Error
Description The install of application "Package Name" from policy "Policy Name" failed. The error was The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
Comments As per Microsoft: "The machine account for the workstation does not have permissions to the share or file system that holds the source files for the package. When a workstation runs Group Policy, it does so in the context of the machine system account for the workstation."
More info Q278472

Event ID: 1003
Source DhcpServer
Type Error
Description The DHCP server failed to register its registry data. The following error occourred: The system cannot find the path specified.
Comments As per Microsoft: "The default directory <WinNT_root>\System32\Dhcp was not present before Microsoft DHCP Server service was installed. The Microsoft DHCP Server service installation process will not check for this directory, nor create it if it is missing. "
More info Q173040

Thanks for the info - luckily we managed to find this information out on other sites - but question is what does it all mean?? Im not really that technically minded where the PC is concerned.... When I had ME on my machine - I had none of this type of problems...

Any more light would be useful

Sue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back