Xp Context Menu Freezes PC

C

cabbie

The "Go To" in my context menu is causing a freeze of my PC in XP Home. When my mouse pointer hovers over this link, my screen blanks and I can only cure this by using Ct. Alt Del and close/restart. Can anyone suggest a cure plese

Welcome to the forums cabbie. Can you please explain a bit more? Where is this 'go to' located? Which context menu?

'Xp Context Menu Freezes PC'

Hi Hipster Doofus, When I was transfering files via a floopy disc , from an old PC with Win 98 to my new with Xp I used the Right Click context menu . After a time when I clicked on "Send To" the whole screen blanked and the machine froze. I was unable to do anything except re-boot via the windows task manager's shutdown . Hope this helps to understand problem
Cab

So your problem is within 98? Only thing I came across was that if you have installed tweakui & loaded 'send to x' it could cause a problem.

"NOTE! Some users have reported problems using the Windows 98 Send To Desktop feature after installing SendToX . It just stops working. If this is a problem on your system, you can download registry fixes from the files section of WinTips&Tricks at this link"
SendTo Fix for Windows 98
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WinTips-Tricks/files/sendtofix-98.reg

If that is not your problem don't use it.

No , the problem is on my new XP PC. I have not loaded Tweekuk. In My new PC I was right clicking on the A disc icon I put on the desk top inorder to move files from A to C disc.
It's here that the problem started and is still with me. I now use file target software to replace the Send To command.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back