Xp Context Menu Freezes PC

C

cabbie

The "Go To" in my context menu is causing a freeze of my PC in XP Home. When my mouse pointer hovers over this link, my screen blanks and I can only cure this by using Ct. Alt Del and close/restart. Can anyone suggest a cure plese

C

cabbie

'Xp Context Menu Freezes PC'

Hi Hipster Doofus, When I was transfering files via a floopy disc , from an old PC with Win 98 to my new with Xp I used the Right Click context menu . After a time when I clicked on "Send To" the whole screen blanked and the machine froze. I was unable to do anything except re-boot via the windows task manager's shutdown . Hope this helps to understand problem
Cab

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
So your problem is within 98? Only thing I came across was that if you have installed tweakui & loaded 'send to x' it could cause a problem.

"NOTE! Some users have reported problems using the Windows 98 Send To Desktop feature after installing SendToX . It just stops working. If this is a problem on your system, you can download registry fixes from the files section of WinTips&Tricks at this link"
SendTo Fix for Windows 98
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WinTips-Tricks/files/sendtofix-98.reg

If that is not your problem don't use it.

C

cabbie

No , the problem is on my new XP PC. I have not loaded Tweekuk. In My new PC I was right clicking on the A disc icon I put on the desk top inorder to move files from A to C disc.
It's here that the problem started and is still with me. I now use file target software to replace the Send To command.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut