XP configuration for DSL

B

Bornloser

Been on dialup for so many years. I finally took the plunge and I'm going over to DSL. Waiting for the gateway to be delivered. I just purchased a Linksys 10/100 ethernet card. Is there anything special that I have to configure in XP Pro for everything to work properly? I just noticed that the drivers for the card are for Win95,98,ME,NT4 and 2000. I went to Linksys and downloaded the newest drivers but no mention is made about XP. Could it be that XP will have its own drivers? Thanks.

Just stick the card in and XP should find the appropriate drivers and install them

JJB6486

Yep, what JJB said. Don't worry about the little monitor icon with the red X on it after you install the card... just means you don't have a connection.

Really straight forward... once you get your dsl active and plug it in XP practically does all the work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back