MMF

1. Copy the XP CD to C:\xpcd
2. Copy the SP1 to C:\
3. Rename it to sp1
4. Go to Start>Run and type C:\sp1.exe -x
5. Choose the location C:\sp1 for the Extracting
6. After the extracting go to Start>Run and type
C:\sp1\update\update.exe -S:C:\XPCD

and that's all, Now you got an updated XP ready to install burn it and install.

Nice info there dude I wouldnt make another xpcd now tho but hell alot of ppl should get some info from that

Are we talking clean install here? If so where does the Attachment: 1.jpg above come into it. Still :confused:

Now that sounds like an excellent idea. Like catch23
I'll wait for the final release. :cool:

The final version of the service pack may release on 28 of August so save the instructions to make the XP CD with integrated final version of SP1.

Yep, the same for me !
I can't wait also the reactions of those who have a cracked XP ! It may be a hellish moment for them...

Originally posted by Ant -|- One
Yep, the same for me !
I can't wait also the reactions of those who have a cracked XP ! It may be a hellish moment for them...
I bet the forums light up when the time comes. :rolleyes:
This won't work........this has never happened before..........all I did was...............

Originally posted by catch23

*coughs*

that's what you think

MS cannot fool me

No, that's not what I'm thinking. It annoys me much ! I'm afraid for friends of mine, as well for members of this N°1 Forum...

I did the same for my Windows 2000 CD,
Added SP3 to the Win2k installation, then also burned it to a CD, and It is also Bootable..!!!

But to make it bootable you need to do a few more things.

It isn't bootable? :eek:
I need to have a bootable CD!!

Oh well ... they'll probably have instructions somewhere on the web when its released :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back