Xp Burning!!! P L E A S E H E L P!!!!!

E

ed2k

Hi. I want to burn stuff using the XP's built in feature. It used to work fine without a problem but now when I choose a file and send it to my burner, I get a message saying there are files ready to be written. When I choose to write files it tells me to put in the cdr or the cdrw. The cd is in there but it doesn't find it. All other burning appz work fine.

Please Help.

dont use the built in burner its shit like the built in winzip, use the latest version of nero works perfect

You could also try Roxio's EasyCD5 suite. Works perfect for me :D

Stuy_b

The HELL with Eazy CD Creator!! It's full of problems with XP, just do a search in here you'll see... use NERO!!!!!! It's the best burning app IMO, and it's just as simple to use as Easy CD creator if you use the wizard mode...

Nero has to be the first choice, but don't forget to turn off the 'IMAPI CD Burning' service in the administrative tools first!

TOK;)

Originally posted by gothic
Nero has to be the first choice, but don't forget to turn off the 'IMAPI CD Burning' service in the administrative tools first!

TOK;)

Unless it's set to Manual by default, the service you mentioned seemed to have been turned off my Nero's Installation. It's said to be made for XP after all. I wouldn't be surprised if Nero would turn off anything that would conflict with its programing...

Yeah, it's set to manual by default, and to update my previous comment it's with Clone CD that it is advisable to disable it altogether. I'm not quite sure why, but the information seems fairly specific!!

to get back to your original question - it sounds like xp isn't seeing your burner or the burner isn't seeing the blank disc... hard to really discern from the post... have you tried other brands of blank cds with the burner - have you gotten the burner to work in the past - as for 3rd party software - i prefer nero - but sometimes when i want to burn files to a cd quickly i use the xp's built in software - not bad for occasional use

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back