XP Boot Screen Palette

D

DDJester

:confused: Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the color palette for the win xp boot screen? I got some graphics and pics I wanna place on it, but........since it has so few colors, well the graphics look like crap!! Also does anyone know if you can place an animated .gif on the boot up screen to? Or is what I am thinking about doing a bloody pipe dream. tY for any info.:cool:

I believe you can't edit the pallete as it is made to be 16 colors..I knwo you can't have any animations other then the bar...

But now that I think about it I have seen some boot screens that look like they were more then 16 colors, but you'd have to look around sites like themexp and wincustomize see if you can find one and contact the author.

And please try to post in one topic thanks :)

As far as I'm aware you cat have more than sixteen colours. You can however cheat by dithering. ( Everyone remember that ?, think spectrum, or Atatri )

Ok, I'll check them out. I posted in more than one topic:confused: ? Must have been when I didn't think it went through *thinks about kickin' puter cause of all the lock-ups* Sorry won't happen again...Later:cool:

I Had a moment of Dirf!!

Thanx for the help guys.....But I checked out the sites like you said and found my answer..........BootXP V2.....Duh!!!!

Later all:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back