XP Blue Screen error when trying to play MOHAA

D

drbopp

I just downloaded "All Seeing Eye" to use in conjunction with MOHAA. Upon finding a server that I want to join, I launch MOHAA and before the game loads entirely, I get a "blue screen" error which refers to NV4_DISP.DLL and at that point I must restart PC.

I am not sure if this error relates to the video card but I have an Nvidia TNT2 Pro Model 64 video card with Version 2.3.1.2 12/10/01 Drivers installed.

I am able to play the game as Single-Player and I am able to play Multi-Player through other servers by either utilizing the In-Game Browser or Gamespy itself.

What gives????

Thanks for your attention and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Try this.......

i just downloaded "All Seeing Eye" to use in conjunction with MOHAA. Upon finding a server that I want to join, I launch MOHAA and before the game loads entirely, I get a "blue screen" error which refers to NV4_DISP.DLL and at that point I must restart PC.

I am not sure if this error relates to the video card but I have an Nvidia TNT2 Pro Model 64 video card with Version 2.3.1.2 12/10/01 Drivers installed.

I am able to play the game as Single-Player and I am able to play Multi-Player through other servers by either utilizing the In-Game Browser or Gamespy itself.

What gives????

Thanks for your attention and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Please post your set up and bios settings if possible next time.

It seems to be a direct 3d issue as some people can play in opengl without the problem a few have said this driver works for them Nvidia Detonator 21.83 WQHL (you can find it at guru3d in the nvidia download files)
i have also read that logitech drivers cause this problem to occur as well so if you have them uninstall them and see what happens.
Also you could try turning your agp down to 2x or Check your BIOS setup, usually in the Chipset Features Setup, for something called the AGP Driving Value. This value controls the timing of the AGP driver in Windows. The value you place here can make AGP4X stable. This value is a hex value from 00-FF.
In order to place a value here you might need to change another BIOS setup feature called the AGP Driving Control. This should appear with the AGP Driving Value. Set this to MANUAL if not already. The other option is AUTO.
Try setting this value to DA or EA. Try DA for a VIA Apollo Pro 133A motherboard. On a KT133 motherboard you might want to try E7.
Save your options and reboot your machine. Make sure you are running AGP4X and try some 3D games. Where they might have hung or crashed before they should now be running fine. If not, then go back into the BIOS Setup and try another value. I've found that values that end in an 'A' seem to work the best.
If your BIOS Setup does not have the AGP Driving Value option, there are two programs on the Web that let you modify your BIOS and change this value manually to any value. These programs are called WPCREDIT and WPCRSET. You can find them at the following website:
<http://www.h-oda.com>
WPCREDIT is used to modify the BIOS on the fly. Any value changed will disappear after you do a cold reboot of your machine. WPCRSET is designed to make the change each time Windows starts up.
I recommend that you use WPCREDIT to try different values and when you get one working use WPCRSET to make in 'permanent'. Keep in mind that a 'wrong' value might cause you to hang or have a corrupted display. You might have to reboot. You might want to use WPCREDIT even though your BIOS Setup has the AGP Driving Value. This might be easier as far as testing goes. Once you get a 'good' value then you can change it in your BIOS Setup without even using WPCRSET.
Go to the following website for detailed instructions on how to use these programs:
<http://viahardware.com/memtweakguide1.shtm>
Once you read the article and are familiar with modifying your BIOS then changing the AGP Driving Value is simple. The Driving Value is located at x'B1'. That's offset Hex, Baker One. Place a DA or EA or any other value that you might want to try here. Once you save the change it takes effect immediately. If it does work for you then you can change your BIOS Setup or use WPCRSET.

Ps..try EA setting in bios !

This should keep you busy for a while if a part of this works for you please say so,

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back