XP Auto Login

LocKStocK

Smokin & Jokin
Hi, havn't posted in a while! :eek:
Anyways, before I installed SP2, XP used to boot straight to desktop.
Now when I boot, I'm welcomed by the login screen.
This is annoying seeing as I'm the only user!
Any help would be greatly appriciated.

L*

click Start --> Run

type "control userpasswords2"

uncheck the box next to "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

a box will pop up and put in the username of the account you want to it auto log-in to. Enter the password....if there is one and click ok. Then click ok to close the "User Accounts" window. The next time you restart the machine will auto log into the account you specified.

-Yharn

that happenes usually when there is an extra account other than yours on the computer you can disable that by going to control panel>admin tool>computer management>local user....>users and from there check if any other accounts other than yours are enabled and just disabled them.... i think that's what's happening to you coz it's what happened to me a couple of times

FishBoy said:
that happenes usually when there is an extra account other than yours on the computer you can disable that by going to control panel>admin tool>computer management>local user....>users and from there check if any other accounts other than yours are enabled and just disabled them.... i think that's what's happening to you coz it's what happened to me a couple of times

Also happens if you put a password on your account.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back