XP auto dialling

V

vaineh

xp keeps auto dialling to connect to the internet, even when i choose to disconnect

now, certain aspects i want like redialling when it cant connect or line is dropped etc

but this is the one where the window pops up and seys "such and such program is trying to connect" or something, cant remember exactly
i no longer get that window, must have chosen wrong option somewhere, so things like icq which try to detect a net connection cause xp to start dialling by itself, which i dont want

any ideas?
if u can understand my babbling
:)

goto your modem options, turn on the features you want. now goto the programs which keep trying to connect themselves.. turn off all the functions you do not want them doing.

if you do not want mIRC to reconnect.. set it in mIRC options. if you want another program to connect, set it in their options.

Try this:

Go to Control Panel ---> Network Connections ---> go to advanced menu at the top ---> dial-up preferences ---> at the callback tab click "No callback".

Had those problems too, but this solved my problem. (For me)

BTW, im @ a 56k connection, so i use dial-ups'.

ah

always ask and the disable auto dial when logged on sounds good

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services> Disable (or Manual) Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back