XP and Zip Drive

C

carolynr

When I installed XP, I didn't unplug my zip drive which is in parallel with my printer - I, mistakenly, only unplugged the printer. When I realized that the zip wasn't yet recognized I installed the iomega software but found afterwards that XP reboots everytime it reaches the XP screen when the drive is plugged in. I uninstalled the software, restarted and then plugged in the drive, XP finds the new hardware - I see it say so and that it's iomega - then it immediately reboots, reaches the XP screen, reboots, etc. This happens until I unplug the zip drive. Does anyone know how I can attach the zip drive with XP?

Thanks.

Carolyn

What is the error message you are getting when it reboots? make sure you go to control panel, system, advanced, then startup and recovery options and check it so that the computer DOES NOT auto restart that way you can see the error code so we can know if ti is a xp poblem or a driver problem. this should help in the diagnosin :)

I hadn't gotten any error message so I did as you instructed and turned off the automatic reboot. Plugged in the drive, searched for new hardware, XP found it and it works. I don't know what was going on before and even rebooted twice to see if I'd see a problem message, but there was none.

Thanks for letting me know about setting the automatic reboot to off. I think I'll keep it that way.

Carolyn

no prob just glad it works now, I hate anooying problems like that heehh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back