XP and sound blaster 5.1 how do you get all 5.1 speakers working

G

gotcha007

I have come to my wits end, nobody can figuar this out. On tpo of that when I go to down load the new drivers for Soundblaster Live 5.1 Dolby the program says there is an error then shuts off.

My Logitech Wingman Intercepter is pluged in the back of the card but xp can not find it in the game controlers it says it has the soundblaster drivers loaded in the devise manager but in the game controler nothing shows up.

I have tried running it through the bios the game port but wont there as well.

Please somebody help.

Which speakers are you using?

I unknowingly bought the Creative Inspire 5300 with the SoundBlaster Live but they are designed to create a 5.1 Sonic Field. Not true 5.1. The Inspire 5700 is the real deal.

I dunno....kinda irked me when I discover my center speaker was worthless.

They are Altec Lansing

They sound good but only the right and left show up in the test. The rear speakers and the center do not.

configure it properly..

go to control panel > sounds and at the bottom click on advanced and choose 5.1 as well... :)

should work properly... then if you have everything else worked out...

I have done that but when I am in the test the left speaker sounds the right sounds. The center and the two back speakers do not. I went and look as you have said

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back