XP and Outlook...archiving email

R

rojak

Hi guys! New to the neighborhood here...MS forced me to make the move! :p Nice board, btw!

Hoping someone has some insight on archiving/saving email in Outlook (running XP). Machine and I seem to always have trouble communicating with these #$%* .pst files. System can never find them! Surely, there is an easier way to save email rather than the round-the-world trip MS Outlook takes us on. And a way where I can actually "read" them after they are saved? MS really doesn't want us to save our email...I'm convinced, but why?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help/tips/tricks/links!

PS. Did a 'search' prior to this thread, but to no avail

Hi rojak,

First off welcome to the forum ;)

Done a search for you and found this

It won't necessarily be named outlook.pst. Try searching for *.pst and see what you find.
You can also get Outlook to tell you where your .pst is. In Outlook, click on tools > services. Select Personal Folders from the list and click Properties. The location of the .pst file is in the Path field.

Hope this helps you

Cheers
Alan

Alan

First of all...thanks for the welcome!

I appreciate your time and reply about the search option. I think (hope) I have it under control now.

Also, wanted to tell you I surfed around your site a bit...pretty funny stuff you have there. Have a friend who continuously sends me lovely email photos. So I'll get 'em back with your BBQtime photo. Hope you don't mind me sharing that...um, well, fine hunk 'o pork with them.

:D

Cheers

Glad to here you got your problem solved, well,under control.

And thanks for the comments about my site, much appreciated :D

Cheers
Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back