XP and GOOGLE ---> How Do You...

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

...Make it your default SEARCH ENGINE?

Please note, I am NOT referring to the Google Search Bar that gets installed, I need to know if there is a method that you can click on your IE SEARCH button and it could launch Google search web site.

thanks in advance!

p.s. I am using XP Pro with SP1 and IE 6.0.2800.1106 (with the latest Sevice Pack applied)

I use the search option through my address bar.
first I open the search option then select "change internet search behaviour" then select "use classic internet search" then restart IE. After you restart IE click on the search option it should now look like this
classicxinternetxsearch.JPG

now click on customize then select "autosearch settings", then you can chose a service provider for addressbar searches.

This might be a little bit drawn out but thats how I search from the address bar, you can also use tweak UI which provides you with a similar option but you have to type a prefix before your search.

That's the thing: I am not quite sure if this hack really adds Google Bar, or just make my Search Button invoke Google Site.

Can you try and let me know?

thanks!

To TKC:

Thanks for the info. I tried your suggestion and it didn't work the way I liked it. I revert it back and then chose Google and now by a press of Search button, it allows me to type my query in the field, and then launches the result in Google Web Site. That's cool!

;)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back