XP and EULA

UniSol

I'm all ears
Last night I formatted my computer to gain all my lost space, I backedup some files on my networked computer and made an XP boot disc. When I come back to reinstalling XP it runs the setup and after a while comes up with this error "Missing End User Liecense Agreement (EULA), setup will not continue" or something like that...:mad:

What is going on I used the same copy on my other computer the night before?
Maybe I need the EULA on floppy cus it cranks the floppy drive just before the error.

Any help would be great.

I ran into that once. Don't know the cause. Are you booting to the CD? If not, try that (booting from the CD). That's what i had to do to get it to take. You might try what you're suggesting - copying the eula.txt file (from the i386 directory) onto your boot disk. Hope that helps.

I have had this on several occasions with friends systems.
The cure is simple. Once you have formatted just do
fdisk /mbr from a floppy :p

K

So its should look like this in DOS Prompt

A:\>fdisk /mbr

What does that do?

OK thanks, I will try it when I get home from work and let u guys know.

Please keep the soloutions comming...

It basically kicks the Master Boot record into touch, which holds info that you have began an installation at some point. Some glitch in xp makes it look for the UELA at this point even if you hadnt reached that part of setup initially - Havent a clue why, it just does :)

K

Got it fixed

Format, DOS, WindowsXP CD :\I386\winnt.exe

That installes the files on to your HD and fixed :)

fdisk /mbr didnt work :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back