Xp & 98 ???

Hi,

Just a quick question not sure if i can do it but here goes, i run 3 pc's, a laptop and 2 desktops via a hub, all with win xp and all run fine on a lan, eg: file sharing etc.

I have recently aquired a older pc with win 98 but it only has a floppy drive, but it has a lan. Is thier anyway i can connect this to my network ?? as i didnt create a network disk with the others, i just used the xp cd.

Is thier a way for the older pc to load without having a keyboard or mouse plugged in, as i really just want to use it as a backup HD.

Many Thx

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Sure. Plug it into the hub with the other PCs and set the workgroup names to be the same. Then enter the XP comptuer's username and password into the Client For Microsoft Networks for network access to the machine.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooldown498