XP 3200+ worth it

N

neo

How is amd athlon xp 3200+ is in perfomence in games does anybody used it yet, is it better than 3000+ 333mhz or same or worse. Need feedback soon thanks:)

go to newegg.com and look in Shop By Category -> Processor -> Amd -> Page # 3 (2nd Last).

AMD ATHLON XP 3200 "Barton" 400MHz FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL
Specifications:
Type: XP 3200 Barton Core
Cache: 512K L2
BUS: 400MHz
Socket A
RETAIL (Included Heatsink and fan) Model#: AXDA3200BOX

FOR $460.00 (price will go down in a month or so).

Yo man
The 3200+ in benchmarks provides a little gain over the 3000+.
But the difference is not SUPER or something.

My suggestion is buy a barton 2500+ and overclock it to 2200mhz
at 400mhz FSB, and guess what, a 3200 for a lot less cash.
Or you can even get a 1700+ and overclock it to that, you'll
have less cache, and a little higher voltage possibly.

I have 2000+ but the thing is overclocked the cpu get too hot and where I live is in my room I mean get around 80 deg + temp, so I was thinking of buying the 3000+ or 3200+ and overclocking the mo**er f**ker as much as I can. See my 2000+ is 1.67 and the cheapest way I can overclocked it to 1.79 Ghz. U see my Problem :p

You can't usually overclcok the old palomino past 2100.

The Tbred B core will go to 2600-maybe 2700. If you want overclocking go witha Barton 2500. Bigger die for better cooling more cache, 333mhz FSB and since its at the bottom of its family your odd's of a serious improvement in clock speed is good.

Make sure your motherboard will support the Barton and 333 mhz FSB. My gigabyte 7vrxp won't!

Barton 2500 is running around $100 w/shipping at Compuplus and essential computers.

If i hadn't just bought the radeon...

If you want to try overclocking the 3200 go right ahead... I kinda wanna see what it can do myself.... but just getting a 2500+ and boosting the FSB is a good idea too. The only problem with the 3200+ at the moment, is finding mobos that support the 400 MHz FSB reguired.

goatman..

friend recently got the a7n8x deluxe 2.0 and he has a 2500+ on the way.

my question is was it easy to get your 2500+ to 10x200? is it unlocked? how about cooling?

It was dead simple, it comes unlocked, I'm using the stock HSF (the one that comes in the retail package). it's also running 2 GHz on stock voltages. If it can't do it right off the bat, try upping the voltage .25 volts at a time, until it's stable.

friggin' awesome. thanks. :D

but don't you mean .05 volts at a time? that's what i've always done... nice and slow so that you don't fry your chip or get excess heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back