xp 1800 default setting in bios wrong ???

F

fatboy

can anyone tell me why when I set the bios to default my CPU spped is 1150 instead of 1526 ???
In order to get 1526 I have to alter the fsb to 133 and this causes my system to freeze intermittently.

:mad: :mad: :confused:

what kind of mother board do you have?

and is your ram 133 compatible or are you running DDR? whats the deal u need to give more info then what u gave.

I concur with my dear friend with the fuzzy alien avatar :) please provide more info...

in the immortal words of a sports agent talking to his naked colleague in the shower...

HELP ME... HELP YOU.... HELP MEEEEEE HELP YOOOUUUUUU !!!!

:D

jerry jerry jerry jerry jerry,,,

My motherboard is a ECS K7SEM socket A
and it runs 133 sd ram

ok when you say "intermittently" does this mean just at random in wondows while doing things or does this mean at a certain time everytime and if so where and when.

If its just freezing up at random times then you prolly need better cooling, cuzz your cpu is getting to hot and unstable.

its nowt to do with the cooling , and wot I mean is doing anything from games to de fragmenting it freezes !!!

Try BIOS update, if that doesn't work, and your board is still under warranty, call the manufacturer and ask them what's going on...

How do you know it isn't a cooling problem? Right now thats pretty much all that makes since. When the Cpu is underclocked it doesn't freeze. (because it isn't getting as hot) when you put it on what it sopused to be at its getting alot hotter. where do you live at? is it hot there right now?

/me thinks about the last post, decides that this is also very possible, nods head, also suggests that it's possible that another component on the board may not be able to handle the increased FSB speed, another case in which the board should be mailed back to the manufacturer.

I know its not overheating cos sometimes when i log on it freezes and also i've had temperature monitors on it and it rarely gets above 45 degrees.

Ok, it could still be overheating, now it could also be your PSU...

I have to concur with the guys above... does not seem to be a cooling issue...

the fact that your system IS running slower than you should is very weird though... and I would have bet that it was due to cooling issues that it was so...

power supply would be the next thing you check also... yes deja just beat me to it...

also.. is there ANY error message that pops up when the computer stops? is there ANY pagefile dump or anything like that?

if there are msg's please do a printscr and post the pic here so we can check it out..

btw what is your power supply rating ? in watts... and can you provide info on what other hardware you have running on your rig ?

cheers...

power supply 300 watts
geforce 3 64 mb ti 200

My original question was why 1150 as default ????

you say your rig came from the factory? they may very easily have stuck it at a lower speed so as to put a less powerful (hence cheaper) powersupply into the rig...

300 SHOULD run... but my mate had a 300 and an 1800+ and his psu would not take it... started going on the blink after a week or so... and his cpu was not underclocked... it was running at 1500 odd MHZ... BUT his RIG DID have a lot more stuff on it than yours seems to have... after putting in a 350W psu his rig works smooth now...

if you have access to another ATX power supply... with a higher power rating... try it out and see if that helps...

it should do the trick from what it seems to be...

My guess would be because the cpu was designed to run on 133mhz bus and well your only pushing 100mhz with a clock like that.

correct I'm running @ 133
if I put it down to 1150 will I notice the difference in games
and video editing. ???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back