xmnt2001 - not found

B

banter

When i start up my computer just before the login screen appears an error "xmnt2001 not found skipping ..................."

What can i do to get rid of it ??

Were you trying to use Partition Magic 7 prior to this starting?

yes i was, i have actually posted another thread on the applications section explaning my problem with that .

This post and copy comes from another forum - but thought it might help ya.

Question:
In my system Windows XP professional is installed. When i boot my system after the windows logo i got the error "xmnt2001 not found---skipping Autocheck". Anyone tell me how to remove this error.

Comment from guidway
07/10/2002 05:45AM PST

Were you trying to use Partition Magic 7.0?
1. Download PM 7.0 demo from the web
2. Run the PM 7.0 installer.
3. When it is installing and reaching 75%-80% of progress, stop/cancel the installation. And they will ask your confirmation if you want to abort the installation. Do not click anything at this point. Go tho the next step bellow
4. Start->Find->Files, search for xmnt2001.exe.
5. If you stop the installation at the right time, you will find the files. Then copy and save to another place (say c:\temp). Now.... you can really cancel the installation.
6. If you dont get the file yet, continue the installation a litle further. Stop again the installation before it reaches 100%
7. Do as step 4 and step 5.
When you get the file, move the file from your temporary place (c:\temp) to c:\winnt\system32

Hope this is some help! I have never been there /done that before!

There are a couple of more articles on this subject - I found them by doing a search for "xmnt2001" on Google.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back