This post and copy comes from another forum - but thought it might help ya.
In my system Windows XP professional is installed. When i boot my system after the windows logo i got the error "xmnt2001 not found---skipping Autocheck". Anyone tell me how to remove this error.
Comment from guidway
07/10/2002 05:45AM PST
Were you trying to use Partition Magic 7.0?
1. Download PM 7.0 demo from the web
2. Run the PM 7.0 installer.
3. When it is installing and reaching 75%-80% of progress, stop/cancel the installation. And they will ask your confirmation if you want to abort the installation. Do not click anything at this point. Go tho the next step bellow
4. Start->Find->Files, search for xmnt2001.exe.
5. If you stop the installation at the right time, you will find the files. Then copy and save to another place (say c:\temp). Now.... you can really cancel the installation.
6. If you dont get the file yet, continue the installation a litle further. Stop again the installation before it reaches 100%
7. Do as step 4 and step 5.
When you get the file, move the file from your temporary place (c:\temp) to c:\winnt\system32
Hope this is some help! I have never been there /done that before!
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS