• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XFX 6600GT with 350W power supply?

yogiB

OSNN One Post Wonder
I'm about to purchase an XFX 6600GT card. However, I'm a bit concerned with my 350W power supply. Will 350W be enough power to drive my system once the card is installed. Do they recommend more power?

My system:
Processor: Intel 3.6Ghz
Mobo: Intel D915GAV
HDD: 120GB Maxtor
Others: Plextor CD-RW, Pioneer DVD-Rom.

Please advise ASAP whether I should go for a larger power supply, say, 400-450W.

Thanks.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
fyi, i had a 350w psu, with my evga 6800, and pretty much the same setup as you and it ran fine. But why risk a crash, more power the better.

Yogi, we do get paid for endorsing Newegg. People are happy when they get a good price and good service so they click the little scales on the left of our posts.

;)

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
I agree, LeeJend, Antec's are the best I've run into. I've been running a true430 for over a year. I have 2 optical drives, 2 HD's, and a Radeon 9800 pro. I also use various USB devices (as many as 3 at once) and this thing has never so much as hiccupped.

as a side option to all the Antec hub-bub. i'd recommend you also look into Ultra X-Connect modular power supplies. think you can pick up a 500w one now for like $70US. quite good power supplies too. removable power cables, so u only use ones that you need, and you dont wind up with a birds nest of wires somewhere in your case. People have said the wires are somewhat stiff.... but i think they've been improved since then. mine are just fine. easily able to get where they need to be. plus... they're shiny. :) here's a link to a review thread started by TittleBitties. has pics from both his case, and i posted mine (pic's not that good from mine though. took the pic with my cell phone). might try to rearrange my wires too to make it look a bit more neat. Overall they're nice power supplies. quite quiet too.

http://www.osnn.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53008

edit: correction.... you can get their limited edition green shiny power supply for $70. most of the other's i think cost around $100. when i got mine, they had a mail in rebate. Here's the TigerDirect page with the green one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1028627&Sku=ULT31588

When I didn't see any of the critical spec's in the tiger add I went to the Ultra web site looking for the reliability, hold up time and efficiency numbers. There weren't any there either.

I would not connect an Ultra to my PC with a 10 foot insulated pole.

Click the link at the bottom of the tiger add and read up on what to look for in power supply spec's. A lot of what they talk about isn't even listed for Ultra brand. That's a clear signal to stay away. If it's not listed the company is ashamed of it.

PS Enermax is good too but last I checked Antec was cheaper.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix