xchat fserve

L

Leo154

is there an app similar to sysreset for xchat? or a simply fserve script? I've googled this, but just incase someone knows something else.... :(

I am trying to get the obsidian one to work, but I really have no idea whats going on. If I can get fserve to work on x-chat, then I am sorted.

SPeedY_B, I guess you are pretty good with scripting Perl.Python, so please help me out. The website itself doesn't provide a good explanation. And also, it seems to only be for Linux, but it should work on Windows since its just a Perl script.

So where do I set the variables? The options? etc...

first things first, do you have activestate perl intalled?

You'd know if you had it installed, it's a fat-arse 26mb package, available from here: http://activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

Either way, once you've done that, put the script somewhere (data folder is a good place - c:\docs & settings\app data\xchat2\data .. i think) then in X-Chat try /load ./data/scriptname.pl it should say that it's loaded. That may be script dependant.

anyway, once it's loaded type /help and the current handlers/commands will be listed at the bottom. For example here's mine
Code:
(14:41) Plugin defined commands:
(14:41) 
(14:41) TIMER
(14:41) UNLOAD
(14:41) LOAD
(14:41) PY
(14:41) 
(14:41) iTunes
(14:41) google
(14:41) browser
(14:41) unloadall
(14:41) unload
(14:41) load
(14:41) APPLESCRIPT
"iTunes", "google" and "browser" are all perl scripts, for the itunes script I can put /itunes help and all the commands are reveled to me (the other two have no other commands than "/command whatever")

alright, I got as far as loading the Obisdian fs. by typing /fs...
now, how do I actually configure it? if it type /fs load it cannot find file... which never came with the .zip download.

load what though? I'm not familiar with the script so I don't know what file it's after?

hmmm... now, I've put the file server up, but how do I notify and so forth?

it doesnt seem to be working... whenever some one uses the trigger, the fserve doesnt respond...

I just get "Received a CTCP ENTER from someone" message.

Is there a setting in x-chat or is this a problem with the script?

If you've received a ctcp enter that means that someone has sent it, does the script require that to be sent? if so then it should respond when it is.

If this script doesn't work, then there are more on xchat.org just click the scripts link on the left.

no... Obisidian seems to be a popular one and people use it... there must be something that I have over looked.

Thanks tho. :eek:

i swear i posted in how... :confused:

but, its was something in the config file that i forgot to put down the channel's name in the "notify" var.

only thing wrong now, is I've got messed up stats :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back