Xbox

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey this thread will prob get closed or somethin but who all has a modded xbox and who has there xbox painted or have a skin on there xbox. If u do post some pics i would like too see.

check out www.xbox-scene.com for that kinda stuff :) but i got a modded xbox with x-ecuter v1.1 and 40gig upgraded harddrive, and custom plexi glass case and green neon.. its a great thing to show off to the adults who come in room and see it, and also the girls think you are a genius to do it

yea i know all the sites to go too. Your xbox seems tight as hell. I got my chip in but i still cant evolutionx to install. And like 2 hours ago i spray painted the cover u take off like a grayish kind color with the green xbox logo still there. I kinda messed up big time since it was my first time.

mooo: it'd be cool if you posted some pics :)

Dznuts: Yeah, I'm going to be modding my xbox eventually, need some money and time to do that though ;)

I didnt have to spend a penny. I got it for christmas and it was put in for me too. Kinda sucks tho i still cant get evolution x installed

i have posted on xbox110 but i guess i will try on there too.

dz what chip do you have? i might be able to help you somewhat with it, mine was the oldschool chips where didn't have to flash the bio's or anything. to install evol-x i just put in the burnt cd with it, and then it loaded it, after that setup network connection in evol-x and reboot it with the new network connections and then just ftp in and replace the files you need too.

I do wanna modchip my xbox as I have alot of R1 DVDs and alot of R2 DVDs as well as video in other formats such as VCDs etc. would be nice to be able to play em.

But I am worried about futureproofing, if I mod my xbox, I don't want MS releaseing an XBox live update that renders my xbox useless.

I have a one premodded with Xecuter. I've only gotten an Xbox recently and I didn't want to buy an Xbox and puhtz around with modding it myself. I'd probably end up blowing the whole thing. I also like the fact that you can actually turn the mod chip off, so playing on Live wouldn't be a problem.

I'll get into the modding scene soon myself I Think :)

but like EP am worried bout the xbox live evolution..

Also there is the Xbox media center coming soon.
I need to read up on that, cos if it is like an XBox Windows Media Player then that might do. but then I would still have the region problems.

never played with xbox live, rather play games via computer than console. Although i forgot who rls'd it but i saw on cnn that a company made a pc gaming console that you dont touch the windows stuff, just put the game in and it plays or something looked really nice.
If you already have an xbox try to get new x-ecuters, they are nice, pogo pins make it so you don't have to solder anything, and with the turn off function as said abobe for the xbox live its even better. If you want a larger hard drive to send the media files make sure that it is lockable (for online play). before tv out i only used xbox media player, its a decent little tool. last thing, I had to add a second dvdrom because the phillips drive i had in it wouldn't read the dvd-r media, so you might have to tinker around with some of the stuff. also if its modded it should play different regions i think just look at the chip spec's.

Electronic Punk said:
Also there is the Xbox media center coming soon.
I need to read up on that, cos if it is like an XBox Windows Media Player then that might do. but then I would still have the region problems.
Actually the Xbox Media Player is region free. Also, Microsoft won't be able to ban you from LIVE as long as you turn off your chip before logging on to LIVE.

mooo said:
never played with xbox live, rather play games via computer than console. Although i forgot who rls'd it but i saw on cnn that a company made a pc gaming console that you dont touch the windows stuff, just put the game in and it plays or something looked really nice.
If you already have an xbox try to get new x-ecuters, they are nice, pogo pins make it so you don't have to solder anything, and with the turn off function as said abobe for the xbox live its even better. If you want a larger hard drive to send the media files make sure that it is lockable (for online play). before tv out i only used xbox media player, its a decent little tool. last thing, I had to add a second dvdrom because the phillips drive i had in it wouldn't read the dvd-r media, so you might have to tinker around with some of the stuff. also if its modded it should play different regions i think just look at the chip spec's.

deltachrome will be doing that... with its proprietary software :)

o_87 said:
Actually the Xbox Media Player is region free. Also, Microsoft won't be able to ban you from LIVE as long as you turn off your chip before logging on to LIVE.

I don't mean the version that is unofficial.

I don't know if they have such a thing for the X Box, but for the Game Qube and the PS2, I've seen some boot disks one can use, to load stuff up, without actually modding the console.

Looks like this site, but one site which lists a boot disk for some other consoles doesn't seem to offer this option for the X Box. Can't say if any are out there or not though...

hmmm...i would like to here more about that goku. Can u give me a link or somethin. I still havent got the evox installed even tho i havent tried in like 4 months but i would like to see if i can find a way like u mentioned above even tho u said there doesnt semm to be a option for the xbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back