Xbox Power Cord Recall

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Microsoft Corp. said Thursday that it is recalling 14.1 million power cords for its Xbox game console because they can catch fire.

The software company said 30 customers have reported fire damage. Seven Xbox users burned their hands, while 23 reported smoke damage or damage to their carpets or entertainment centers, Microsoft said.

I just read this in the news, everyone with an Xbox might want to check xbox.com to see if your console's power cord is being recalled.

This only affects U.S consumers so far, the problem stems from leaving the unit on all the time, then it could catch fire. Unless you play with it for like 57 hours straight....oh well here is the link, you'll need your serial number and manufacture date. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm

According to this article, it doesn't just affect U.S. consumers.

Everywhere except Europe, the recall affects Xboxes manufactured before Oct. 23, 2003. In Europe, it affects those manufactured before Jan. 13, 2004.

I know people who leave their Xbox on constantly, so it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and get the free replacement regardless.

Saw that post, EP. I'll ask my brother to check his unit. Thanks. :)

Took mine to pieces yesterday. Blown the warranty, but now it has a nice green (xbox limited edition one) case. Looks much prettier :eek:

Electronic Punk said:
Tis what the news post I did yesterday said to :)

Thought it would be good to post here for those who don't pay attention to the news postings.

Actually, I didn't see it myself. :p

All's not lost, looks like there may be a new product on the way out of it:

Click for larger image

More seriously though, bit nasty, good job the news of the re-call will (should) spread quite quickly :)

pfft, i'l check later... or i'l wait for it to burst into flames. Either way im covered :p

just got one of them in the mail. I have no idea where the other 3 are. Just kinda odd you order 4 on the same day, almost same time infact and only 1 shows up.. /me starts to catch on mr mailman or woman!

http://xbox-scene.com/

The first news post is about the cord and why they really think they had the replacement cords and a few pics of the cord. I hate the cords that have the big ass things at the end.

I don't know what happened with mine but I got a cord that looks exactly the same as the old one. no idea if it matters on when it was built but mine is no different

yea me too tuffgong (the 1st one) but the 2nd i got today looked like a new one. So i dunno what to do.

Is there a reason that the cord has to look physically different?

Muzi: Its a safety reason...if something happends with the power supply or w/e like mentioned on the site it triggers a switch and turns the xbox off. I dont see why they would have that since your xbox still wont work.

got an email last night to say it had shipped, arived this morning :D

same as before just with a huge trip switch in it :p

Oh, I never read anything about it having a physical difference. The story I posted didn't mention that.

Funny how microsoft is to cheap to recall the xboxes to fix the power supplys but then again i dont think alot of people want to send in there xbox since alot of people have them modded.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back