Xbox Live

N

Not Bman

Pricing and subscriptions

An example of a prepaid 2100 card, which can be used on Xbox Live Marketplace or Games for Windows

The Silver level service is free, while the Gold level requires a paid subscription. Xbox Live Gold subscriptions can be purchased directly from the Xbox 360, with a credit card and many retailers sell subscriptions, often at a discount. When purchased directly from the Console, the Gold subscription pricing is as follows:
Country 1 Month 3 Months 12 Months U.S. $7.99 $19.99 $49.99 United Kingdom £4.99 £14.99 £39.99 Canada C$ 8.99 C$ 29.99 C$ 59.99 Singapore SGD 13.90 SGD 34.90 SGD 79.90 Sweden SEK 79 SEK 199 SEK 599 Europe € 6.99 € 19.99 € 59.99 Australia AU$ 10.95 AU$ 29.95 AU$ 79.95 New Zealand NZ$ 10.95 NZ$ 29.95 NZ$ 79.95[26] Japan ¥819 ¥2079 ¥5229 If users associate a credit card with their Xbox Live account, when the current subscription ends, it is renewed automatically. When this occurs, a notification e-mail is sent to the e-mail address registered for the account. In order to cancel this automatic renewal, users are required to phone a customer service number as cancellations cannot be made directly from the console. This procedure has been criticized by some users, particularly with respects to requests made by customer service operators concerning the reasons for cancellation

That says that the Silver level is free. Is that true? What exactly do you get and don't get with that rather then the Gold Service?

Silver basically lets you download stuff. Gold is for actually playing online.

Ah ic, that sucks for me lol. I pay 3 different internet prices already, and if I get xbox live that makes 4. Really sucks.

You can just make a one time payment for a 6 month/1 year subscription if monthly charges aren't your thing.

That might be better, but paying for it still sucks. I don't understand why everyone wants to make money lol

to pay bills, buy food, pay rent or mortgage. Nothing important really....

wants to scam us money more like it, considering on pc (aside from mmorpgs) multiplayer is free and u don't see companies going bankrup every day

I have been a PC gamer for ever now, and still am. Yet there are many games that are only 360 and such, I think to myself that if I get one I might as well do the whole experience and go online with it, right?

I used to think it really sucked to pay for LIVE, but it works out to $5 a month (in Canada at least) when you pay for a year. Plus I work at an electronics store, and get staff purchase on it which saves me another $10. Still not the ideal situation, as free would be better, but well worth it in my opinion.

well.. yeah, if u have one its kind of a must to pay, but for me its one of the things that draw me away from getting one

Yes, I think it will be the deciding factor that makes me get a Playstation 3 (eventually). That and Gran Turismo...

Xbox live is FAR superior to PS3's network. Even if you are paying for it, it's more than worth it. The PS3 network almost seems 2 generations older and has far less features and servers that hold fewer people.

If you are agonizing over a few dollars for a worse experience, you'll never know what you are missing. XBL > PSN

Btw, who is OhfGee?

I have them on my friends list but I can't remember who that is :eek:

Good thing I will have people to play with if I do spend the money lol

I love XBL - don't play much but have been of late. Looking forward to the dashboard update this fall :)

I was probably going to buy myself a 360 for my birthday, that is why I was asking questions. Though I just got the lifetime membership to LOTRO, so that might stop me from getting one for awhile. lol

Skip that big mac today and get Gold IMO.

At the end of your one-month free trial, your account changes to an Xbox Live Silver Membership. An Xbox Live Silver Membership gives you basic access to Xbox Live at no charge.

:) :) :)

gaming easy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back