Xbox is an 8lb paper weight

E

Enforcer

I have tried box Xbox and gamecube. The games for Xbox (with the exception of Halo) are horrid. The gamecube is a much better system. Graphics are not important, its the quality of the games. Gamecube has the support of Nintendo of course, and NO ONE can say nintendo makes shitty games. All opinions open of course.

Originally posted by Enforcer
I have tried box Xbox and gamecube. The games for Xbox (with the exception of Halo) are horrid. The gamecube is a much better system. Graphics are not important, its the quality of the games. Gamecube has the support of Nintendo of course, and NO ONE can say nintendo makes shitty games. All opinions open of course.

I agree, but Sony is where I stay true. I like the fact that I can play my PS1 games on my PS2. :D

Plus GT3 is the bomb!! (Only Sony makes it) :p

I've had all 3 here. Although I only tried a few games for XBox and Gamecube, PS2 is the way to go, best bang for the buck. DvD player is ready to go when you get it, no need to buy some remote like you do for the XBox. With the specs of the XBox, you'd think it would kick ass. Still too early to tell I guess. I wasn't impressed by it.

I love my PS2. It IS the best bang for the buck. I got soo many great games for Christmas.
The Gamecube is also going to online game. So the Xbox has nothing new in the department.

I also got Tom Clancy Ghost Recon for my PC. It runs fine on XP in case anyone wants to know.

=Enforcer=

two cents (maybe a nickle) from a gamer going back to PONG!

I give you your PS1 and 2, but I take GameCube. Don't be misled by many of the "marketing" points (garbage) from MS on the X-Box. Many are misled by the 733mhz (X-Box) VS 485mhz (GameCube) and think X-Box is better. They don't realize that GC is a PowerPC chip. It only takes a 400mhz PowerPC chip to AT LEAST equal a 733mhz PIII...and the GC has a 485mhz PowerPC chip...so technically, the 485mhz GC beats the 733mhz X-Box.

Now, consider this...for the price...$100 more, PLUS an extra $30 for the DVD kit, you coulda bought a GameCube AND a decent SONY DVD player...which would blow away a game console for playing DVD's...

Also...WHAT ARE YOU BUYING A CONSOLE FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE? To watch movies???????!!!!! No...to play games. GC is smaller, cheaper has GREAT games already, and like X-Box, more coming, smaller, lighter, and I disagree about graphics. X-Box has decent graphics, so does GC...side-by-side, Madden 2002 looks BETTER on GC than X-Box. Can't defend the indefensible. Anyway, Nintendo is known for, and will ALWAYS make great games. The Mario franchise alone makes it worthwhile.

X-Box...basically a console built from 1999 era PC parts. Play a FPS on a console...HAHAHA! Come on.....

GC - better controllers too. There is just no valid argument for an X-Box. I can see the argument for GC and PS2. Want an X-Box? You already own one (which is actually even more powerful)...it's called YOUR PC!:D

Re: two cents (maybe a nickle) from a gamer going back to PONG!

Originally posted by wrangler
I give you your PS1 and 2, but I take GameCube. Don't be misled by many of the "marketing" points (garbage) from MS on the X-Box. Many are misled by the 733mhz (X-Box) VS 485mhz (GameCube) and think X-Box is better. They don't realize that GC is a PowerPC chip. It only takes a 400mhz PowerPC chip to AT LEAST equal a 733mhz PIII...and the GC has a 485mhz PowerPC chip...so technically, the 485mhz GC beats the 733mhz X-Box.

Now, consider this...for the price...$100 more, PLUS an extra $30 for the DVD kit, you coulda bought a GameCube AND a decent SONY DVD player...which would blow away a game console for playing DVD's...

Also...WHAT ARE YOU BUYING A CONSOLE FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE? To watch movies???????!!!!! No...to play games. GC is smaller, cheaper has GREAT games already, and like X-Box, more coming, smaller, lighter, and I disagree about graphics. X-Box has decent graphics, so does GC...side-by-side, Madden 2002 looks BETTER on GC than X-Box. Can't defend the indefensible. Anyway, Nintendo is known for, and will ALWAYS make great games. The Mario franchise alone makes it worthwhile.

X-Box...basically a console built from 1999 era PC parts. Play a FPS on a console...HAHAHA! Come on.....

GC - better controllers too. There is just no valid argument for an X-Box. I can see the argument for GC and PS2. Want an X-Box? You already own one (which is actually even more powerful)...it's called YOUR PC!:D
I agree with you in a way. Still the Sony is my best bet. Nintendo hasn't provided a single game that has grabbed my interest. Why buy a GC to play Madden 2002 when I can play it on my PS2? I use to watch DVDs on the PS2, but went with a DVD player. PS2 can't play VCDs (standard), and if you buy the kit it will wear the laser out. SCREW THAT!!!

As far as the online gaming with the XBox, I'll stick to my PC for that. XBox is nothing more than a slimmed down PC. PC will ALWAYS provide better graphics AND games.

One question though: Why has nintendo not made it possible to play all their games on one system like Sony? I bet the next Sony system will surpass Nintendo. Been done and they will do it again.

yeah...

they'll keep leap-frogging each other...and they'll do it again and again. I agree with you whole-heartedly (and I am a Nintendo loyalist) that Nindendo basically screwed us on the controllers. Yes, the GC controller is the MOST comfortable they have ever put out, and that I have held to date (personal taste), but it sure would have been nice if I could have used my extra N64 controllers (4 of them) as extra controllers on my GC. GC is also coming out with modem/broadband adaptors for multiplayer online gaming...which I won't buy...that's why I own my PC!:D

Isn't anyone worried that Xbox is made by MICROSOFT?These are the guys that brought us Windows(especially ME).Given the lovely quality of Microsoft's products so far,I will stick with Nintendo and Sony.They have been in this business longer and will continue to rule.Xbox will fade in time.

Originally posted by Detonator
Isn't anyone worried that Xbox is made by MICROSOFT?These are the guys that brought us Windows(especially ME).Given the lovely quality of Microsoft's products so far,I will stick with Nintendo and Sony.They have been in this business longer and will continue to rule.Xbox will fade in time.

Just curious.....anyone that owns a XBox, have you seen a blue screen yet? :p

lol

lol blue screen on an x-box :D
well ive got a dreamcast, and you can knock it, but its got some realy good games, plus i hate the sony pads, too small and uncomfortable!

hahahah, blue screen!! :p

Thanks for the technical pointers on the xbox vs Gamecube. I think that you are right, but I am gonna check it out myself.

Well I am going back to playing my Ps2 and GC now, and then drink some beer...

Just in case anyone cares to know...I still have a WORKING coleco vision!
-Enforcer-

Originally posted by Enforcer
hahahah, blue screen!! :p

Thanks for the technical pointers on the xbox vs Gamecube. I think that you are right, but I am gonna check it out myself.

Well I am going back to playing my Ps2 and GC now, and then drink some beer...

Just in case anyone cares to know...I still have a WORKING coleco vision!
-Enforcer-

Some errors you'll find when the XBox provides a blue screen. (Being just like Microsoft, I won't tell you what caused it.) :p

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KMODE_EXPECTION_NOT_HANDLED
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

LOL

Didn't u know that was the free game which comes with it ?

Its called "BSOD" (Blue Screen of Death)... it's low on graphics but it is impossible to clock!

MdSalih

no... blue screen = standard... there is a colour addtion pack u can get.. it's called !plus.colourful.backdoors for xBox :)

MdSalih

Originally posted by MdSalih
no... blue screen = standard... there is a colour addtion pack u can get.. it's called !plus.colourful.backdoors for xBox :)

MdSalih

Ohhhhhh so they give you the option of changing the blue screen to say like a green erro screen? :D

yeah... but it costs extra 1/4 of the actual console... u can easily get this effect by just changing the screen RGB settings... but MS hid this:)

MdSalih

Originally posted by MdSalih
yeah... but it costs extra 1/4 of the actual console... u can easily get this effect by just changing the screen RGB settings... but MS hid this:)

MdSalih

So what color is your
"Blue Screen of Death" now? lol

it's still blue... didn't bother buying the !plus.backdoor pack :)

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back