Xbox controller

Adrenalize

Tired Zombie
Anybody else tried to use the xbox controller on the pc playing madden2004 i cant seem to get it to work

Never done it before, but have you downloaded drivers? :unsure:

I'm Assuming that you have done the XBOX to USB controller mod. If not post and ill explain on how. If you did here is the drivers for it:

If you have an XBOX Controller, then you probably have an Xbox. If so then why would you want to play it on the computer?

you want to get the wires out of the sheilding so VERY VERY CAREFULLY take some scissors and cut just enough off (not the whole thing just the sheathing.)
Undo the foil wrap if any (some connectors have this some dont)
Next strip off a little bit of the wires to the point of where you can still tell the color of the casing and have wire to solder to.
Ok, now that we have that prepped and ready to go onto the next step
Take your USB Extension Cable, and cut it directly in half
do the same thing with the USB cable as you did with the Xbox Breakaway
Cut away some of the sheathing, then get those wires out and stripped so you can solder to them,
and still see the color of the wire.
Next comes the fun part match up the wires in color and solder them together
(this is where i told you to have extra wire because it allows you to have more space to work with instead of holding the wires together.
Once you have soldered all the wires that match you will be left with a Yellow wire from the xbox breakaway
Well my friend you dont do anything with it, just leave it
Now my reccomendation is that once you make a nice solid solder connection use some electrical tape and cover it up so that there is no bare wire exposed
Allright! Huzzah! and whatever else you might want to say that makes you happy.
You now have the cable you wanted for whatever reason whether its to Play Grand theft auto 3 on your PC with your Xbox Controller S that you love so dearly
or to plug in a keyboard to your XBOX and actually TYPE on xbox Linux
Congrats! and Enjoy!

Any questions? its very simple.

Originally posted by bman™
If you have an XBOX Controller, then you probably have an Xbox. If so then why would you want to play it on the computer?
Because my system plays games somewhat to a heeluva lot better than the xbox. answer ur ?

interesting, those work for me, what OS you running? also those drivers DO work for you? so u installed the USB connector correctly?

Nah i ordered 1 from liksang for 12$ and im running xp pro
i just couldnt get them to work for madden 2004 but i really like the ones i got now because they work great for NFS underground

Originally posted by Adrenalize
Because my system plays games somewhat to a heeluva lot better than the xbox. answer ur ?

Yea I guess :)

I was wondering if anyone knew if this can be done to a PS2 controller, and if so... do you have any links ??

thank you very much in advnace for any help/suggestions

Neil MacLean

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back