xbox case painting.

mooo

thecyberninja
I painted one of my xboxes today. It looks like its going to turn out ok but if anyone has any plans on doing it going to give a few words of advise.
1) don't sand it. If you use the krylon metallic stuff, it will not need the primer nor sanding.
2) use good spraypaint. I messed up and got the cheap (3.46) and not the (4.75 krylon metallic) silver chrome for some of it and had to redo it.
3) don't rush it.

I will post finished picture later tonight once i am done.. I still have to do the jewel mod which I think i am going to do in the next week if i can bust in some time from work and class.

BTW i know the color scheme has been done over and over again, so on my next one I want to do next weekend, A little advise on colors would be great. Give me suggestions on colors and what you think would look good. I am still getting the hang of painting so nothing THAT complicated.

btw, i know i got some grey on the blue. I have to wait for the grey to dry but it will be fixed :)

Last edited:
SAVAGE! I gave up on the XBOX, but that certianly is an improvement so kudos to you.

Looks pretty cool. I like the colors. :)

mooo said:
I painted one of my xboxes today. It looks like its going to turn out ok but if anyone has any plans on doing it going to give a few words of advise.
1) don't sand it. If you use the krylon metallic stuff, it will not need the primer nor sanding.
2) use good spraypaint. I messed up and got the cheap (3.46) and not the (4.75 krylon metallic) silver chrome for some of it and had to redo it.
3) don't rush it.

I will post finished picture later tonight once i am done.. I still have to do the jewel mod which I think i am going to do in the next week if i can bust in some time from work and class.

BTW i know the color scheme has been done over and over again, so on my next one I want to do next weekend, A little advise on colors would be great. Give me suggestions on colors and what you think would look good. I am still getting the hang of painting so nothing THAT complicated.

btw, i know i got some grey on the blue. I have to wait for the grey to dry but it will be fixed :)
I have the exact bed spread

I notice in one of those pics, it looks like air vents (bottom blue surface in first pic) were in place where you painted? Not that I'm looking to spray paint any of my counsils, but how did you avoid getting any paint up in there, where it might have hit a circuit board or something?

That might not be an issue, but would be something I would be a tad wary of myself...

Grandmaster
Sorry to say this, but I think you butchered it

ha.. yea i know it doesn't look THAT great but it will be great after i do the jewel, you will be begging me to do one for you :)

perris
I have the exact bed spread
My gf got it for me as a present (what guy wants a bed spread come on!) I should slap her..

Son Goku

I notice in one of those pics, it looks like air vents (bottom blue surface in first pic) were in place where you painted? Not that I'm looking to spray paint any of my counsils, but how did you avoid getting any paint up in there, where it might have hit a circuit board or something?

That might not be an issue, but would be something I would be a tad wary of myself...

You can take the face plate off, and i took out the circuit that was for the power/eject button so it was ok.

Didnt see the pics yet cause i have dial up and it takes forever to load the pics.

I painted mine back in maybe october and man did I fook that up lol. I still got an A on my speech exam but it still looked crappy. It wasnt totally bad but it had its spots lol

perris you crack me up. "same bed spread" Nice :) I have the Halo edition Xbox so I'd be a little crazy to paint it.

mooo

Maybe your girlfriend was trying to tell you there were too many white spots on the old bedspread...

mooo said:
ha.. yea i know it doesn't look THAT great but it will be great after i do the jewel, you will be begging me to do one for you :)

Waiting then! :)

haha, na i never used them before :)
I don't even use it now, i use a blanket.. too much work to make it in the mornings
/me = lazzzzyyy

you should have used a 1000 grit wet sand paper to prep it before you painted. if you had actually read the instructions on the can, you would have saw that plastic with a gloss finish, the finish needs to be removed for proper adhesion. and it also gets rid of the orange peel look you have going on. the most important thing when doing this type of job is to read the instructions first. krylon also requires a 7 day curing time for a full bond to the material. did you factor that into the project? the concept is great, and the color scheme is nice, but i would wet sand it now to smooth it, color coat, and clear coat, let it sit for 7 days and then put the system back together. following that order will assure you a great look and finish that will last as long as you want it to.

napalmnthemorning said:
perris you crack me up. "same bed spread" Nice :) I have the Halo edition Xbox so I'd be a little crazy to paint it.
Got pics of that one? I haven't seen one of those before. :)

NetRyder said:
Got pics of that one? I haven't seen one of those before. :)

ilmNews_PressRelease_HaloXboxandController169.jpg

Seems to be just like a Xbox dev kit, with the Halo logo in the corner.

This thread has given me ideas. I have an old paperweight Xbox. I'm thinking about modding the case on that. Then I could simply replace the case on my current one, and if I ever get bored I could replace it with the orignial again.

Grandmaster, this one was a freebe from some kid that messed up the harddrive somehow and wouldn't boot the MSdash, so I just put in a modchip and made it work like new :) and if the kid ever ask what happened, "i had to throw that piece of junk away".

Today its been raining so I didn't paint because of the humidity and what not, But i did get the jewel cleaned and stripped. Going to paint it the metallic silver, and leave the xbox logo clear and put blue leds in so it glows XBOX.
Once the jewel is done tomorrow before class I will post pics. Think it will look good with it.

Then the next step. redo the painting of the actual xbox.

You are doing everything I planned to do but I ruined mine like i mentioned. I forgot what sand paper i used but scratched the hell out of my xbox :(. I say just buy those skins that have. Different designs and what nots...pretty cool from what i have seen.

Yea i was a dummy and used 60grit thinking i needed it.. But got 120 after i used it once.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back