Xbox 360 VGA cable audio question

sindustrial777

OSNN Addict
I'm thinking about getting the vga adapter for my xbox 360 to use my pc monitor with the system but was wondering about how the audio works with that set-up. I have a 2.0 speaker set-up and was hoping this adapter could help me out

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10036

It says 5.1, no mention of 2.0 or 2.1 but I wasn't sure if it would be compatible if I just plugged the speakers into the green mini jack on the adapter and left the orange and black empty... anyone know if this works, or if there's a better way to do audio with the vga cable?

If you don't have a 5.1 setup why would you need the adapter? Just leave the 2 channel setup and plug it in to whereever. To get true 5.1 audio out of an xbox you will need an optical connection to a separate reciever or card that will let you input digital signals.

i would guess you plug the stereo speakers into one of the inputs on the output side of that adapter. this is provided the 2.1 speakers you have has the 1/8 inch plug. i dont know what the three colors signify in that illustration. obviously .. know the red and white rca.

seems you could use this

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-8-ft-m...rca-audio-interconnect-cable--pi-2110460.html

and then use a gender changer for where your 2.1 speakers plug in.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I use this vga adapter with my 1440*900 LCD monitor, since I have this really old tv and cant afford a new one just yet. Anyway, with the cable, my native res. aint there so I have tried all possible ones, but I cant find one that suits. I have a 16:10, not 16:9. Anyone know of some fixes to be done?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back