Xbox 360 to be backwards compatible

Not sure if someone already said this, but i've been speaking to some people in the know wink wink, that only certain games will be backwards compatible, because of the game rights and the cost to have those games on the new system, now that i'm writing this it sounds like crap to me. so just ignore me :)

lancer said:
Not sure if someone already said this, but i've been speaking to some people in the know wink wink, that only certain games will be backwards compatible, because of the game rights and the cost to have those games on the new system, now that i'm writing this it sounds like crap to me. so just ignore me :)

Already did once u said u talked to some people lol

We played some PS1 games on PS2 well my boys did that is , looking at the way things are shapeing up I dont think we will go with the xbox it looks like PS3 or the Revolution for us.

I dont even know if i will end up getting a system...from what i read which is most likely rumors but they said sony hinted the ps3 will cost around $465! I dont have that kind of money and if did i would use it to put a lift or something on my new blazer. I hope the xbox 360 is cheaper then that since i kinda want to get one but all depends on $.

yeah i heard the same thing tittleBitties for some people about that price... :) haha.

But seriously thats bull****e if it turns out thats how much the ps3 costs, i think that will be a major major mistake, i mean the average joe even if he has the money isn't going t be able to justify spending almost $500 on a console, you can buy a low end pc for that.

Or a whole day with a lady of the night and still have money left over for a Big mac on the way home. :)

Look at all these other things you could buy for $465:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=N&tab=wf

lancer said:
yeah i heard the same thing tittleBitties for some people about that price... :) haha.

But seriously thats bull****e if it turns out thats how much the ps3 costs, i think that will be a major major mistake, i mean the average joe even if he has the money isn't going t be able to justify spending almost $500 on a console, you can buy a low end pc for that.

Or a whole day with a lady of the night and still have money left over for a Big mac on the way home. :)

Look at all these other things you could buy for $465:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%24465&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial_s&sa=N&tab=wf

Yeah i mean i am gonna save whatever money i can by for the end of july cause i plan on going to florida once i get my license and i need money for gas and food since i have a place to stay down there :).

I can buy 46500 penny candies at the local gas station for $465 :lick:

From what I've read in several interviews with all the MS execs (Gates, Ballmer, Allard, etc), Microsoft is not very keen on pricing their console that high. They know that the average person won't be spending $450+ on a new console. MS plans to make more of their money from all the downloable content that will cost an extra $5 or an extra $10, instead of raising prices on the console, and games.

So I'm hoping it'll be around $299-$350.

well ms didn't get as big as they are by being financially stupid, i personally think either ms will be on top this time round or at least almost equal with the ps3.

Tittle where in florida you going to?

Xie said:
This may well be, but what about the rest of game(s) that are written for a compeletly different CPU? If you've ever tried to emulate a console on your computer (say something like a PS/N64) you know it takes a fair amount of power to do. I don't see this as an easy task, or the 360 able to play 100% of the Xbox games.

I emulate NES, SNES, Sega, and alot of others with not much CPU use. If you use 500Mhz of a 3.0Ghz it isn't alot.

Same with the X, alot is comparabile to what you have. Alot of CPU use is 100% but 25-50 isn't much.

Steevo said:
I emulate NES, SNES, Sega, and alot of others with not much CPU use. If you use 500Mhz of a 3.0Ghz it isn't alot.

Same with the X, alot is comparabile to what you have. Alot of CPU use is 100% but 25-50 isn't much.
A NES/SNES/Genesis is much different then trying to run a Xbox game on your PC. I think it would crush most modern PC's, those that could run the games wouldn't get the framerates to make it worthwhile. The hardware in those 1st three consoles is comparable to the GBA now. :p

Grandmaster said:
So I'm hoping it'll be around $299-$350.
Yeah I'm guessing MS will go around $300 and Sony will be forced to match them. That will leave Nintendo with possibilty to grab everyone that only wants to spend ~$200-250. :)

Looking at whats being said I think there is an overkill going on the hardware side of the setup's we will see as they hit the stores whats really going on but I get the feeling there are 2/3 that are just pushing the hardware.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Looking at whats being said I think there is an overkill going on the hardware side of the setup's we will see as they hit the stores whats really going on but I get the feeling there are 2/3 that are just pushing the hardware.
I agree. The hardware is a bit of an overkill and in the end will just make it harder to make any $ off this generation consoles. Though it looks like 2/3 are only worried about market share anyways, no thought about actually making $ anymore as both companys have "unlimited funds" to throw at these consoles. ;)

Xie said:
I agree. The hardware is a bit of an overkill and in the end will just make it harder to make any $ off this generation consoles. Though it looks like 2/3 are only worried about market share anyways, no thought about actually making $ anymore as both companys have "unlimited funds" to throw at these consoles. ;)

MS does, not sure how much Sony could take as they've had a huge loss recently. So the PS3 is far more important to Sony than the 360 is to Microsoft.

Anyway I'm getting bored of all the hardware talk already...I want to see more next-gen games.

Grandmaster said:
MS does, not sure how much Sony could take as they've had a huge loss recently. So the PS3 is far more important to Sony than the 360 is to Microsoft.

Anyway I'm getting bored of all the hardware talk already...I want to see more next-gen games.
Well Sony has thrown crazy $ at the PS3 already and I'm certain they will try and price match the 360, if that means a HUGE loss or not.

lancer said:
well ms didn't get as big as they are by being financially stupid, i personally think either ms will be on top this time round or at least almost equal with the ps3.

Tittle where in florida you going to?

Lancer...i will be going to Naples, Florida and might stop at Fort Lauderdale pending how far away each other are. None of this is fully planned as i need to get a job first lol.

The hardware is far from ovekill, it's simply the best they can put out at the moment. What would be the point in releasing something with PS1 hardware when there's better out there?

Of course it will push the price up, but when it comes to it, people who really don't want to fork out the cash simply wont, and they will be forced to reduce prices. I'm sure they know what they're doing :)

TittleBitties said:
Lancer...i will be going to Naples, Florida and might stop at Fort Lauderdale pending how far away each other are. None of this is fully planned as i need to get a job first lol.

Why are you coming down to florida in the first place, its only full o cracks and q-tips

SPeedY_B said:
The hardware is far from ovekill, it's simply the best they can put out at the moment. What would be the point in releasing something with PS1 hardware when there's better out there?
Well the difference is really whether your going to use the hardware to it's fullest or just use it so that you have the biggest #'s. I have the feeling 2/3 have chosen the hardware based on the logic as bigger post count. ;)

lancer said:
Why are you coming down to florida in the first place, its only full o cracks and q-tips

To meet a girl i meet in a livejournal redneck communtiy lol. We want to meet each other and plus it would be fun to go on a road trip and do something fun before i go back to school at the end of august.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back