XBox 360 or PS3?

Another quick question.

Is the 360 Controller made to not work 100% with Media Center?

It works just as any other extender would work.

It works just as any other extender would work.

Not talking about the extender, I am talking about the 360 Controller.

At first when trying to use Media Center on the Xbox, the controller worked, but I had to hit the keys harder then normal. Now basically it freezes, I can move up one or 2 folders in Media Center, and the keys freeze, I can hit the Xbox BUtton and go back to the 360, but nothing else works. It's weird.

Its it on wireless or a wired network? When my 360 get sluggish its just to network issues.

Hmmm weird, when I tried mine it was via wireless and a little sluggish, wired should be fine (I built another htpc to use as a media extender in the end as it played back more formats).

Hmmm weird, when I tried mine it was via wireless and a little sluggish, wired should be fine (I built another htpc to use as a media extender in the end as it played back more formats).

Now that I think about it, the 360 runs great, no issues. No connection issues, the only thing is basically the 360 controller does not work within Media Center. Thinking it was made that way, so that people would buy the remote for it. But now I thought, I am running the new Windows 7 Media Center, maybe it's an issue with 7 and the 360 causing the problem. Hope so.

Thats a good point, not tried windows 7 on it. As for remote any xbox360/ Windows media centre remote will work with it, so get which ever is cheap if you want one. When I tried using mine as an extender I did not have any issues with the controller as I remember. If there are any tests I can do for you let me know :)

Not talking about the extender, I am talking about the 360 Controller.

At first when trying to use Media Center on the Xbox, the controller worked, but I had to hit the keys harder then normal. Now basically it freezes, I can move up one or 2 folders in Media Center, and the keys freeze, I can hit the Xbox BUtton and go back to the 360, but nothing else works. It's weird.

I've had a few issues with Windows 7 and using media center with my 360. Unless your trying to use full media center features i'd recommend just setting up a homegroup in windows 7/media player, share the media you want to your 360 that way and skip the media center entirely since you can then just browse the directories from your 360, just gotta switch between the various tabs for Video/Music/Pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back