XBox 360 or PS3?

I was just about to buy a 360, and to my surprise they announce the red 120GB elite version for Resident Evil, march 13th or something, can't wait!

Just bought RE5 this morning before work. I can't wait to play it!

Oh and since I've been playing it a few weeks now...

oh that sucks.. but
The Last Remnant for Xbox = Crap lol

It does have the technical issues that everyone noted, like the slow disc loading times and the battle frame rate issues. Nonetheless, loading the game onto the hard drive makes issue #1 irrelevant, as it loads much more quickly, and the frame rate issues, while admittedly unpolished, really do nothing to lessen the enjoyment of the game.

The only thing I've noticed--and I don't know if this is an XBox 360 bug or a game bug--but my wireless controller disconnects heavily during the battles to the point of being useless. It didn't do that at first, and doesn't disconnect outside of the battles, but it is basically useless during the battles now. Thankfully, I do have a wired controller, as I bought one for use on my PC over a year ago, and that works flawlessly. The cord is so long that it really doesn't hamper my playing whatsoever.

Does anyone have any input on what could be causing the controller issue I'm having?

So I picked up my LE Resident Evil 5 360 Elite.

Trying to play Resident Evil 5, keeps saying disc is unreadable, I play a bit, then it does that. So I tried installing it to drive, same issue. So I went back to the store, and it played perfect there. So I picked up Halo 3 to test if it's my drive or not.

Will update soon, going to install Halo 3 and ResEvil5 and see what happens. If not then he said I could come back and get a new 360.

So I picked up my LE Resident Evil 5 360 Elite.

Trying to play Resident Evil 5, keeps saying disc is unreadable, I play a bit, then it does that. So I tried installing it to drive, same issue. So I went back to the store, and it played perfect there. So I picked up Halo 3 to test if it's my drive or not.

Will update soon, going to install Halo 3 and ResEvil5 and see what happens. If not then he said I could come back and get a new 360.

for a new system to do that right out of the box. take it back..... thats a bad sign..

for a new system to do that right out of the box. take it back..... thats a bad sign..

Yea Halo 3 installed and plays just fine, Resident Evil still has the issues. I am going to bring back the system tomorrow.

Question, how do I allow my 360 and Computer to talk to each other.

And, what is the real difference between Gold And Silver accounts?

Yea Halo 3 installed and plays just fine, Resident Evil still has the issues. I am going to bring back the system tomorrow.

Question, how do I allow my 360 and Computer to talk to each other.

And, what is the real difference between Gold And Silver accounts?

Basically you can't play online with sliver plus some other stuff see here

Oh tdinc despite having 'the other system' beat me to the link :)

Thanks guys, so I found how to setup Windows Media Center with the xbox, but most of my videos are HD files, like mkv and such. Says it can't play it, how do I make it so that it can play it. Cause my computer can play them just fine.

The Xbox 360 supports videos in .wmv-format, as well as high-definition .wmv-videos, H.264, MPEG-4, and PlaysForSure WMV videos. The December 2007 dashboard update added support for the playback of MPEG-4 ASP format videos.[42]

The console can also display pictures and perform slideshows of photo collections with various transition effects, and supports audio playback, with music player controls accessible through the Xbox 360 Guide button. Users may play back their own music while playing games or using the dashboard, and can play music with an interactive visual synthesizer.

Music, photos and videos can be played from standard USB mass storage devices, Xbox 360 proprietary storage devices (such as memory cards or Xbox 360 hard drives), and servers or computers with Windows Media Center or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher within the local-area network in streaming mode.

As the Xbox 360 uses a modified version of the UPnP AV protocol, some alternative UPnP servers such as uShare (part of the GeeXboX project) and MythTV can also stream media to the Xbox 360, allowing for similar functionality from non-Windows servers. This is possible with video files up to HD-resolution and with several codecs (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV) and container formats (WMV, MOV, TS).

This link will give you all supprted file formats
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/what_will_xbox_360_play.cfm

Bman, you need to convert the mkv files. the 360 does not support that codec format for HD. this will help

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_mkv_content_on_xbox_360.cfm

This link will give you all supprted file formats
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/what_will_xbox_360_play.cfm

Bman, you need to convert the mkv files. the 360 does not support that codec format for HD. this will help

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_mkv_content_on_xbox_360.cfm

I read that guide, and its quite stupid. Is there an easier way, I don't feel like installing 10 programs to convert 3000files. Is there a 1 step option?

*Edit, found one with only 3 programs lol

To be honest, why would you want to put them on the 360 when you can stream from your PC? just wondering?

i love my ps3, but i want an xbox for game play and netflix, ill hack t he **** out of it too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back