XBOX 360 Console Generations?

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I read a blurb today about an Xbox being sold that was 2nd edition 4th generation? Supposed to include fixes and be bug free, which is probably a load of bull****.

Anyone hear anything about revisions on these? I heard about new CPU architecture, but that's it.

I want to get one soon, as my birthday is July 20th :)

i wouldn't doubt if there's actually a revision to the 360. look what they did to the original Xbox. that thing had quite a few revisions if i remember correctly.

The revisions do end up slightly improving the hardware (for example on the original Xbox, the first revision had trouble reading CD-Rs, later revisions did not), but mainly its for streamlining the manufacturing process and reducing costs.

Well my next question would be how can I tell from the outside of the box? If these infact, do exist, I don't want to buy some of the original ones, I want the real deal!

You want to get a 360 though correct? I don't think there is anyway to check 360 revisions.

For the original Xbox, you could make a educated (read: not 100% accurate) guess my looking at the serial number, or making actually opening the box to find out.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

I'm not that well versed with Xbox 360 versions, and Xbox Scene doesn't seem to have an equivalent page for them. Your best bet is post in their forums and ask how to tell between the different revisions (if there are any).

Yeah I want a 360, but thanks I'll take that tip ;)

Been trying to hold off, mostly because of money and I know I won't get to play it much. But the more screenshots I see for games it's just soooooo damn good :D

actually i think i read somewhere that revisions were coming out with a slightly faster processor and stuff..... not 100% sure.... but i read that quite a while ago..... so maybe they do have faster processors.

I read that as well, and I think they also used less power to lower the heat output. I also recall that those won't be out until next year :eek:

yeah there is a definate revision coming next year, but as yet on major changes, and no way to tell untill you crack it open.

Just get 1! :p

Yeah the revisions are done, annually, I forgot to tell you that :p

Grandmaster..... Xbox was up to what...... double digit revisions? same as for PS2.... that has 14 revisions i know of so far.

I've been holding out for an Xbox as well, waiting for the revisions. They're nice to have, but only if they work right ;)

By the way, I was upset to find that due to some mix-up on my part during TV buying, the TV I purchased doesn't support 720p. BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGG! What good is running at 1080i? A choppy, console-y 30FPS makes me angry when I know that being a little more careful would have gotten me 60 FPS at 720p.

Maybe I'll hold off a bit, not too sure.

Ahhhh the decisions :)

Yeah I want a 360, but thanks I'll take that tip ;)

Been trying to hold off, mostly because of money and I know I won't get to play it much. But the more screenshots I see for games it's just soooooo damn good :D

No, kcynchief, dont! resist turning to the darkside of gamesplaying! :D

I really want to wait for the PS3 but Im tempted to get 360 from some of the games I've seen in my store. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back