Xbox 2 will release 'in late October, early November'

~bk

I
Political Access
While internet news sources today have reported that Microsoftis readying to launch its next generation Xbox hardware in America andEurope in the fourth quarter of this year, Eurogamer has learnt thatthe specific timing for the machine's roll-out is late October or earlyNovember, and merely weeks after the US launch. The exact date is yetto be solidified.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, senior American andBritish development, publishing and retail sources have confirmed thelaunch window in the past weeks.

It is also now widely known among British sources that Microsoft UK iscurrently in the planning stages of a spectacular and unprecedentedlaunch event in central London for the winter release.

While it has been accepted for some time that Xbox 2, currentlycodenamed Xenon, would be released in America before the end oftheyear, the news of a late October/early November launch in both theUK and Europe will send shockwaves through the industry and gamingcommunity on this side of the Atlantic.

Many have expressed concern that Microsoft is forcing the nextgeneration of console hardware too early, and that the currentgeneration still has much to achieve. The most famous example of thiscame from then Nintendo of Europe MD David Gosen speaking at an ELSPAsummit in London last October, where he lambasted Microsoft for pushinga next generation machine to market in 2005, and even went sofar as toquestion Microsoft's motivation as profit.

Source: EuroGamer

Tasty. Wonder if it will be as big a the first one (in the physical sense that is, not popularity :D)

I've been hearing strange rumours about it being called the Xbox 360. Without any other info, I really can't figure out the reason why they'd call it that. Hmm...

Maybe it's just a circle-shaped machine, don't know. :p

A holographic sphere that floats two feet above the ground, emitting a deep green glow, and connects to everything wirelessly.
Hey, a little imagination never hurt anyone... :p

NetRyder said:
I've been hearing strange rumours about it being called the Xbox 360. Without any other info, I really can't figure out the reason why they'd call it that. Hmm...
maybe it's another one of those intel things, like the 80286, 80386.... the xbox is another one of those things... just a thought

NetRyder said:
A holographic sphere that floats two feet above theground, emitting a deep green glow, and connects to everythingwirelessly.
Hey, a little imagination never hurt anyone... :p

Woah! Crazy. :D

i bet it will be wireless :p , will make it easyer to play around the house on xbox live, rather than as far as your cat6 reaches :p

Haha, when my bro brought his Xbox in December, we had to buy a 100ft cable to connect it to the router upstairs. :D

DO you think that the xbox 2 will be compatable with xbox one games? I'd make since to me, but maybe Microsoft wants to make more money? Also, is it possible to have memory on a memory card for xbox and put it onto another xbox?

TittleBitties said:
hOW MUCH DO TU NED ONA MMEORY CARD? aLL U DO ISPLAY HALO AT SOMEONT ELSES HOUSE SO U DOINT NEED THAT MUCH. i AM SOGONE RIGHT NOW...I SHJOUDL GET TO BED SO I CAN GO TO SCHOOL. JUSTMEMEBR CODY THAT THE XBOX MEMROY CARDS CAN HOLD MORE THAN UTGINK.

ponder.gif

Anyone want to get a betting pool going on when it really hits the street in volume? I have Feb 2006 reserved.

Next betting pool. How long the "hot game releases" will be delayed after the hardware comes out. I pick June 2006.

Yes, I am probably being optimistic. But statistically Gates has to get at least one product on the street within 3 months of his launch date once in his life time. Right?
;)

it wotn come out till 2006!microsft talks so muc øøøø! I owuldnt be surprised if they cam oru and said gates had a 9in wiener! I get sick of them saying this and that and 6 months later it finnaly come outs.

it was called xbox next last time i heard, did they change the name to xenon? also if so did they add Xenon headlights as standard or is it an option? :p

LeeJend said:
But statistically Gates has to get at least one product on the street within 3 months of his launch date once in his life time. Right?
;)
TittleBitties said:
I get sick of them saying this and that and 6 months later it finnaly come outs.
Unless I've missed something, I have yet to see an official statement from Microsoft announcing the launch date for the next Xbox.
The problem is people believe rumours and sites with "sources" too easily, and then keep their hopes up. Apparently, the Xbox team is being pretty secretive right now. Even the Channel9 guys don't know much about what's going on. ;)
themafia_69 said:
it was called xbox next last time i heard, did they change the name to xenon? also if so did they add Xenon headlights as standard or is it an option? :p
'Xenon' is the internal codename, much like Whistler was for XP and Longhorn is for the next version of Windows.

aha! good thing i didnt try to flame on u:) and say i am right u are wrong

Way to not answer my questions, but oh well, wyatt the xbox 2 will be out before 2006, now if any good games are out, thats just another question.

Kinda dont see u asking any questions on this thread so thats why nobody did. Also cody microsoft has pushed back there dates on 99% of there products. Untill it gets closer to the end of the year they will give more of a so called "guess" as when it will come out.

To me, it doesn't matter a whole lot if the system itself is backward compatible (i'm sure it would to someone who doesn't have an Xbox, though), but it would be nice if the peripherals were. Controllers and memcards are just too spendy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back