x64 won't recognize my USB mouse or keyboard

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
so I'm installing x64 on my new computer that I'm building but the only time that my computer recognizes my usb keyboard and mouse is in the bios. Before I installed my P965 chipset drivers it worked. But after it doesn't.

I just don't understand. I installed the drivers for both with just a PS/2 keyboard that was from my mom's computer but it just won't recognize them.

I can't think of anything. I'm at a loss

After the computer boots up and is sitting at the logon screen try unplugging both devices, waiting a moment, then plugging them back in. See if that fixes the issue. If not, try a different USB port.

I've tried different USB ports and everything. The USB works fine when I'm in the Bios and worked before the chipset driver installation but nothing since.

Even after getting into windows I've tried plugging them in so that windows can detect them but nothing is detected.

I'm hoping it's a bios issue or updating the drivers to possibly a newer version might correct this. I will flash the bios tomorrow...(too busy today) and install the drivers.
This really stinks.

What chipset drivers are you using? The ones that came on a CD with the board itself or the latest version from Intel?

It's possible that (if you are using the ones on the CD) they are not compatible with x64. The link above is for all operating systems including x64.

I'm going to try that as well. Hope I can clear it up cause everything else is working just fine. Will post back tomorrow when I get a chance to fix things.

Thanks for the help madmatt (can't give you more rep, need to spread it around)

If anyone else has suggestions or have had this problem please post as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back