X-men 2

Krux

Nissan Powered
went to a private showing last night of X-men 2, and the movie is just awesome! story doesn't fallow the comics at all! but if u can get past that, the movie is really really good. there is action almost the entire movie for those of you who thought the first one was boring.:D

know some people at the movie theater, they got the reels in tuesday night and said come on down we will watch it. didn't have to tell me twice :D

yeah, we watched it last night too, we got 4 copies of it in...

it was so amazing, the effects were so seemless, it seemed like it was al happening, and I like the fact that they didn't use a lot of "matrix type" effects (ie. slow motion fighting) because it wouldn't have worked well in that movie, but they did an excellent job on it, I dont' like many movies, but this one was pretty great.

night crawler does some amzing things in that movie, I don't care for the sound he makes when he moves tho, thought it seemed kinda cheesey.

that "popping" noise? I kinda liked it, it was sorta like a quick bang thing, I dunno, didn't bother me...

all I have to say is "high in iron"... that was awesome.

Saw it today, was fantastic.

Best bits -
Opening sequence with Nightcrawler, (I quite like the sound but they got rid of the sulphur smell from the comics)

Cameos - Colossus and Syrin was cool (an Gambit cameo was cut, but you see his name on the computer)

Wolverine finally killing people!

The ending! fans of the comics almost certainly know what X3 is gonna be about!

Originally posted by Khayman
The ending! fans of the comics almost certainly know what X3 is gonna be about!

yah even tho its not how it happens in the comics it still gave me goose bumps seeing her under the water :D

Sweet. Got tickets today to go see it tomorrow night. Got tickets today as well to go see Reloaded.

I just came back from a screening, its a really good film, way better than the first one. The only gripe i have about it (and quite a few other films at the moment) is the needless religious aspect in it.

Whats going on at the moment with that?

Special effects were really cool, and you get the matrix reloaded trailer thrown in as well... That'll do me..

;)

Already reserved May 15th tickets for Reloaded.
Guess I'm going to go watch this one on 16th then ;)

saw the film last night too, thank god for my small friend who works at the cinema...don't you just love em, and yes, nightcrawler 0wnz, WAY better than no.1...come on X3! :)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Already reserved May 15th tickets for Reloaded.
Guess I'm going to go watch this one on 16th then ;)

Reserved? you can't buy them in advance? Got mine in my wallet from the 'instant-teller' type machines.

just got back from seeing X2. Packed house of course. Pretty good movie, good to see the new characters. Nightcrawler is cool. Who was that big guy that threw up the metal sheild?

woops, nevermind. I guess it shows that I don't follow the Xmen comics. It was Colossus. Woulda liked to have seen him more.

I saw the movie a few mins ago..

nice movie... story seemed a bit weaker than the first one...

i was a bit miffed @ spielbergesque moments... refer to AI and the ending for an example of what I mean... the idea that a point has to be hammered into a person till they are unconcious doesn't sit well with me... why some directors do this is beyond me... did no one in the test audience say ENOUGH ALREADY... WE GET THE POINT... ?

:rolleyes:

some character development was quite good... introductory scenes were not bad @ all... nightcrawler was rendered very accurately... :) the actor playing Wagner did a good job...

btw the popping noise is a nice effect.. if you follow the comics it is a reasonable approximation of his travel through the other dimension... unfortunate no one mentioned anything about the smell...

overall... recommended movie :)

the hulk is also shaping up to be pretty good.. the CG is not as corny as first believed.... and I am impressed @ some of the rendering I have seen... quite amazing...

Originally posted by Kr0m
Reserved? you can't buy them in advance? Got mine in my wallet from the 'instant-teller' type machines.

just got back from seeing X2. Packed house of course. Pretty good movie, good to see the new characters. Nightcrawler is cool. Who was that big guy that threw up the metal sheild?

Yeah, I meant I bought them online
Fandango ;)

"btw the popping noise is a nice effect"

talking of the sound effects, i particularly like Cyclops' laser noise!
Kinda high intensity screaming sound! Cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back