X-Istence attending DefCon 15

X-Istence

Political Access
This year our friendly neighbourhood server administrator Bert JW Regeer (aka X-Istence) is to be attending the DefCon Security Conference in Las Vegas. To help send him on his way we need your help! We are asking you lovely spammers-paradise.com members to donate some money to help him get his entrance ticket and keep his cars engine running while driving to Las Vegas.

DEFCON is one of the oldest continuous running hacker conventions around, and also one of the largest. It is a security conference and general gathering held in Las Vegas right after the Blackhat security conference. People in the industry all gather at the Riviera to promote their own research and deliver talks and presentations about research they have completed in their area. There will also be contests, pranks and other fun to take part in. It will allow Bert to meet with industry professionals and discover more about his field of study, as well as gain valuable knowledge and contacts to further his schooling and employment opportunities thereafter.

Please donate a dollar or two, and help remove some of the burden of the costs associated with attendance, from a poor university student.

More about Bert: He is a University student at the University of Advancing technology, studying Computer Programming/Network Security in the field of Software Engineering. He maintains a blog at: http://personal.x-istence.com/

Thanks ahead of time guys!

p.s. As an added bonus, anyone that donates $3 or more will get an Ad Free site for a year (normally $10) (http://osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=14008)

Thanks everyone that has donated so far, I will get thank you emails out, with a question what name if any you would want on the back of my shirt if I end up making it.

I would like someone to come up with a cool design for the shirt, if have any graphics skills let me know. I'd want the OSNN.net logo on the front (Will give you some of the new ones that were proposed, as they are way better than the Orb). And then just a list of the names on the back. With whatever cool design as a background, or order of names you can think of!

I like the idea of sticking the names of those that donated on there as well :)

sent $$$ how much is the total you want to reach?

Donated. :)

I would have probably joined you in Vegas if I wasn't moving to NYC two days before the event. Oh well...maybe next time.

Have fun, and post lots of info/pics!

X, remember, I want mine and Kermit's names and that little smiley done EXACTLY like in the news article comments :cool:

sent $$$ how much is the total you want to reach?

I am going to be making a PHP script to show a bar of doom, like little-gamers.

But here is a run-down of the costs:

Hotel costs:
$62
Gas costs:
$22 a tank (2 tanks to get there, 2 to get back home)
$88 (Will be split between me and a friend of mine)
DefCon Entrance fee:
$100

Total: $250+

And then food/drinks for the time I am up there.

Thanks to donations so far, my Hotel cost has been covered!

Kunal: It would have been nice to finally get to meet you in person. I can honestly say I have yet to meet any of the OSNN.net members in person!

Kunal: It would have been nice to finally get to meet you in person. I can honestly say I have yet to meet any of the OSNN.net members in person!
Same here. I've met folks from some of the other forums at conferences, but not anyone from here so far.

Any progress on the T-shirt design so far? :)

Same here. I've met folks from some of the other forums at conferences, but not anyone from here so far.

Any progress on the T-shirt design so far? :)

No-one has stepped up to the task yet. And trust me, if I have to do it, especially some logo work or some other crap, it will look bad, real bad :p

No-one has stepped up to the task yet. And trust me, if I have to do it, especially some logo work or some other crap, it will look bad, real bad :p
In the worst case, I'd just get a black T-shirt with white text.
"OSNN.net" on the front. Names of people on the back. :D

In the worst case, I'd just get a black T-shirt with white text.
"OSNN.net" on the front. Names of people on the back. :D

Cafepress only does front-sided black t-shirts, if it was a white t-shirt with black text it would could be on both sides (front and back)

I will be putting in the shirt order Monday morning, so if you want your name on the shirt, and want to help me out, get your donations in.

Donations after that will get a mention on the site only! (And my blog!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back