WYSIWYG in Mozilla?

J

jkoXP

I realize that it seems to be an IE propietery thing, but is there some sort of plugin that allows Mozilla to use this?

Whaddja mean? For Web editing? That's already present in Mozilla.

Can you show me an example? I know vB is working on getting it to work right in it's next beta release of vB3 which is great news.

I don't use Mozilla, I use the Firebird version (browser only). I have found a link with things that explain the stuff behind web-editing with Mozilla.
One question though: Why doesn't it work with vB? All a WYSIWYG editor does is show the page with the rendering engine (for example, Frontpage uses the IE engine and Mozilla Composer uses the gecko (=Mozilla and Netscape) engine), with a few extensions.

Not sure why it doesnt work. I have Mozilla 1.4.1 and I'm running vB3 beta 5 privatly right now and it doesnt show. The devs said they are working on getting it to work. Which is good, because it looks awesome in IE.

Oh, you mean the forums don't work with Mozilla? I never understood your question. Sorry if I confused you.

Ok, let me clear it up.

The WYSIWYG editor does work in Mozilla (I just found that out). vBulletin 3 was developed from scratch, they didnt just enhance the code from vBulletin 2.x.x. All of their HTML is XHTML compliant which is great news. vB is still in beta stages, and they just said the WYSIWYG bar is not currently working in Mozilla, but the next beta should be.

I'm still confused why you use the word WYSIWYG...
WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

So what are you trying to say?! which editor doesnt work in mozilla (you're obviously not talking about mozilla's editor)? what has vB3 got to do with it?

I think vB has a feature called WYSIWYG and that that feature doesn't work in the Mozilla browser (and naturally also not in the editor). Am I correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back