www.kush.ca

Kush

High On Life!
Hey guys, I just registered this domain, (as kush is my famous nickname everyone that knows me knows kush, and a lot of people don't even know my real name Ahmed lol) Wow your name isnt kush? anyways i wanted to let you guys know and would probably need some help from the gurus here with their own site. so ~bk and omar, speedy, kunal i might annoy you soon, i think i got a good deal

registered it at netfirms.ca, 9.95 per year, and 6.95 a month for hosting,
* 6000 MB secure storage space
* 300 GB monthly data transfer
* 10 e-mail accounts
* Spam filtering
* Photo galleries at your domain name
* Host a website
* 1 MySQL Database
* 24/7 technical support

automatic installation of wordpress, which i will be using to power my blog, anyways guys, i hope my site will be as interesting as the ones owned by people on this forum, its ganna be my portal which i will also advertise, because i want to offer a pc repair solution and maybe they pay me using paypal or with cash like 30 bucks a time which i don't think is too bad, tell me what you guys think and if you have any pointers advice etc, thanks a lot im very siked about this

i have to wait though till 8 am because of the cira (some canadian authority for .ca domains, and something about if im a resident of canada, i just click trust in canada and under it i put international student i had no clue what this part was)

:eek:

netfirmslogo.gif
top.gif
lside.gif
alert.gif
[FONT=Arial, helvetica, Sans-Serif]In order to view your homepage, please name your main page "index.htm" (using lower case letters). The index.htm file must reside directly within the www directory of your account for it to be viewable. [/FONT]
rside.gif
bottom.gif

Get it setup so I can check it out :cool:

well its up now, finally after figiting around hope for input advice and help from you gurus!

i want to get the api key so i turn on the anti spam plug in but the sign up page assumes u will use a subdomain at wordpress.com anyone know how to let it know i am running it on my own site?

Off to a good start, hardest part is keeping frequent with updates!

ok how would i change the blue background behind kush's blog to maybe a picture of me etc, do i have to edit the files to do that?

got it guys, just go to the theme and edit the pics, umm what else should i do? ahh i want to do that gavatar icon like omar and bilal.

hey omar, could u tell me how to get the comments and latest posts on the side?

ok im getting kinda aggrivated, i put some plugins and activated them arent they suppose to show the comments on the front page, theme switcher, as well as the weather one, but i need help because im sure they made it right and im just not doing something, thanks in advance so please let me know what i need to do

edit: hey omar howd u get it so when we post comments on your blog it slowly and nicely drags up the comment from the boxes to be with the other comments, sorry im being an ass but i just want to learn how to get on my way

themafia.69 said:
thanks man i had just found that, but i had found an even better one before because ... well i found it agian let it speak for its self
http://www.alexking.org/software/wordpress/theme_browser.php
Same themes, different interface.

themafia.69 said:
ok im getting kinda aggrivated, i put some plugins and activated them arent they suppose to show the comments on the front page, theme switcher, as well as the weather one, but i need help because im sure they made it right and im just not doing something, thanks in advance so please let me know what i need to do

edit: hey omar howd u get it so when we post comments on your blog it slowly and nicely drags up the comment from the boxes to be with the other comments, sorry im being an ass but i just want to learn how to get on my way

Also, and I know that we shouldn't encourage this too much, there is a support forum for wordpress specifically which you may want to look over and perhaps post in. Not saying Omar won't help, but a few people have probably had similar issues as you are having...

http://wordpress.org/support/

If that is in violation of OSNN guidelines, linking to another forum, please forgive me and remove it.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

If you ever have any problems, that has the solution.

You have to get a wordpress.com blog to get an API key for Akismet. Don't know why, but you have to. You can then use the key to use Akismet at kush.ca.

For the plugins, which ones are you using? Some of them need you to add a bit of code to wordpress to make them work. So you can't just activate them and expect them to work.

For the gravatar go to gravatar.com

yeah i got the gravatar one to work i guess, it just has to wait until they approve of my pic, i found out that ill have to edit the sidebar.php to get any change i thought it would automatically put the comments, but i dont know how to do that, and also the posting comments on yours is nice how it scrolls up howd u do that one, can you post a comment on mine to see if the gravatar works? thanks a lot man

For gravatars to work in the comments you need to get the gravatar plugin.

http://wp-plugins.net

For the "nice" comments the easiest way to do that would be to install K2, which is another theme. So you might have to start all over again.

http://getk2.com/

darn it didnt work, yeah i got it, and installed it, and told it to cache local ones, dont know what else i have to

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back