www.joinred.com

Sazar

Rest In Peace
It's almost December 1'st, world AIDS day.

Christmas shopping should be getting into full swing.

If you are going to buy something unique, give the products on JOINRED a consideration :)

Everyone can make a difference to the people in Africa. Trust me, I lived there 18 years.

http://www.joinred.com/manifesto.asp

Last edited:
It's a good cause, but a cynical part of me seems to think that this is just a way for corporations to make us feel good about buying their products.

For example, look at the red iPod from Apple. They've increased the price by $50 and yet they are going to donate only $10 from that.

No, they haven't.

It's the same price.

Look at the website again O, the prices are 199/249 for all of them, including the red ones. Only difference is the 4g/8g version.

270915355_c8b9ae48e6.jpg

Ok, now back to the thread :)

I am stopping over at Saks tomorrow, see if I can pick up one of the armani couture. Not a big fan of ipods. The armani shoes look hot :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 273
Was surprised to see the GAP stuff is more expensive than the Armani stuff :eek:

Going in store to see if the prices really are that different :eek:

I like the all-white GAP shirt better than the Armani stuff, but dang, for that price I should be getting a designer product.

GAP is my favorite store. There are a few things I like from the RED line.

On another note, I didn't know you lived in Africa.

I just bought a coupla things from the GAP, the shirt was a little cheaper in store than on the website, plus the undershirt was nice :)

And no ****ing way I am paying $200 bucks for a pair of jeans, not right now anyways lol.

Yep, I did live in Africa, grew up there. My brother's been here forever, I've only really "lived" in the states since 1999 :cool:

My parents are still over yonder, in the Seychelles.

GAP does have some nice products, but they are damn expensive for poor college students :p

I really like the black sweater they have from their Product Red line...except its $198. They do give away half of that though.

My favorite store is Express, but they don't seem to have any Product Red stuff.

Sazar: So you speak French? :cool:

Juste un peu.

And a little kreol.

The black sweater thinger is about $ 170 in the store, but its still quite high for a sweater :(

However, it is cashmere and looks bloody nice.

The white shirt looks awesome enough for me right now :cool:

It's on Google Now too :D

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 141
Instead of being a consumer whore, and buying more products of which only a certain part goes to real donation, why not just donate some money? I have over this year donated over $200 I could have used for food, to give to various organizations around the country.

Instead of being a consumer whore, and buying more products of which only a certain part goes to real donation, why not just donate some money? I have over this year donated over $200 I could have used for food, to give to various organizations around the country.

go_you.jpg

I agree, Red along with Live/Band Aid are big cons which only really benefit the celebrities and corporations. Has Bono even bothered to donate a substantial amount of money? Instead of creating Red, why doesnt he sponsor an already established charity? Or maybe his ego massage is more important.

Guys, you don't have to buy these products.

A lot of the items are things that people buy anyways, the program is just to allow people to keep buying those things AND apply it to a good cause.

I am not going to stop buying stuff just so I can donate to charity. I give enough money and time as it is already to bother feeling guilty.

My company matches funds for donations, I have already maxed that out, I have also given to other causes and my team is currently half-way towards filling out a giant box full of toys and food for needy children in the city. This is a separate thing, it shows you are representing, no more, no less.

Bono has donated much more than I have, plus he has single-handedly negotiated or helped start negotiations for debt relief for african countries. He has done a lot more good for african nations than africans themselves.

If you are not going to purchase the products, so be it. Please don't trash it just because it doesn't meet your values and various and sundry criteria.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back